+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Colourblind Mode in Rift?

Soulwalker

Default Colourblind Mode in Rift?

Loving the game so far, just have one tiny little issue, I'm colourblind, this is quite problematic in the world of Telara. My problem is that most colours that are of a similiar shade blends together and loses all contrast, this makes mobs, especially in Flame Rifts, hard to spot.

I guess you don't have to be colourblind to experience this but for me it's even worse, so a colourblind mode that enhances contrast in some way that doesn't ruin anything would be amazing. Or maybe an option to change the textcolour of the mobnames would also help.

Some of my friends agree with me and their vision is perfect

Best regards,
    Kharne - A satisfied customer.

+1, we have a guildie who we like having in game that is having big problems in area and he is colorblind. A mode like this would be great.
    LVL 50 Rogue - Condemned

Thumbs up

I support this, though I'm not color blind, I can sometimes have an easier time seeing things with the option turned on.
    Ruranak - Cleric - Greybriar - Guardian :: Sacred Haven

ASrock p67 Extreme6 - i7-2600K @ 4.80Ghz O.C. - 8GB XMS3 - 2x HD6970 - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    Antec Lanboy Blue - 80GB SSD

Soulwalker

Adding my support to this idea too.

Having just done RD on expert I had a horrid job trying to see the warning for where the AE is about to land during last encounter. After several wipes we beat it, but I felt a liability. I just couldn't see those things at all and still don't know what they should look like. I've had similar issues in FC too.

I was told they're red, but if it's like the target rings then against the floor background colour it's no wonder I can't see them as I can only barely see the target ring too.

Ideally I'd just like a palette control to modify specific colours. EQ has such a thing so all chat types, emotes, etc can be modified. It doesn't quite go far enough though as the target ring colours are still fixed, but this is where Trion can learn from other games and improve. Please can we gain some control over the colours, or maybe just a "high contrast" mode?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Brogett; 04-16-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Plane Touched

+ Reply to Thread