+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I uninstall Graphics driver before updating it?

Default Should I uninstall Graphics driver before updating it?

Herro! Okay, so I updated my drivers a while ago, and was running the Beta of Rift pretty smoothly. 40fps with Low Quality Rend on. But now during headstart, my GPU is overheating and I'm stuttering along at 10-20fps. Sad, sad day.

I was wondering, maybe I should have uninstalled my video driver before updating it? I have an Nvidia Geforce GT 220m with a gig of dedicated memory. The update, here, doesn't say anything about uninstalling the previous driver beforehand... But I remember reading somewhere that it's wise to do so, so nothing gets left behind to decrease performance.

That might be outdated though, so I'm gonna ask you guys what you think. =] Thanks.

Chloro/Lock/Ele Ele/Arch/Chloro Necro/Lock/Dom SC/Ele/Chloro

Yes, it's a good idea to uninstall the driver first. You should also use software that cleans the registry of the old driver entries. I use CCleaner. There's also one called Driver Sweeper that is good as well. After uninstalling and cleaning registry, restart your PC and install the new driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper2KRT View Post
    Yes, it's a good idea to uninstall the driver first. You should also use software that cleans the registry of the old driver entries. I use CCleaner. There's also one called Driver Sweeper that is good as well. After uninstalling and cleaning registry, restart your PC and install the new driver.
    Okay cool. I have CCleaner. Thanks =] I'll definitely give this a shot then.

Chloro/Lock/Ele Ele/Arch/Chloro Necro/Lock/Dom SC/Ele/Chloro

+ Reply to Thread