+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No game after Launcher

Soulwalker

Default No game after Launcher

Don't know if there is a post about this already somwhere on these forums so just making a new thread. Was looking for some helpful suggestions on what I can do. So I downloaded the game, started up the patcher, patch for a few hours got the whole thing patched with no problems. But now when I go to press "play" on the launcher it doesn't do anything. I press play, the launcher dissapears and the game never pops up. I've tried just opening the file and running as admin but nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Oh and guess important to mention, I don't get any kind of error code or anything like that, just press play, launcher disappears, game never runs. No ID of any problems just won't run.
    Last edited by Sanyil; 02-27-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Soulwalker

Same thing is happening to me on my Dell laptop. Friday all was well and I was able to play on both my PC and laptop. Today, I can still play on my desktop, but for whatever reason after the game patches and I hit play I get nothing. The launcher closes and then nothing...

Telaran

Disable your firewall/antivirus and run all windows updates. Also do a virus scan to see if anything malicious is closing the programs before you disable it. After if the scan is clean, disable your AV/Firewall(WINDOWS+SSID/and or PPOA) then reboot your computer fully.(I recommend turning it off through the start menu then unplugging it and letting it sit for 5 - 10 minutes before attempting to re-boot.)

Soulwalker

Default Still nothing

So i disabled everything and rebooted my comp. Attempted to open Rift again, and the first time I did it I got a error 2005 which is apparently the time/date error. So I went and updated my time / date, ran Rift again and got nothing. Went back to updating, hit play, and after hitting play it wouldn't run the game. At a loss as to what to do here. Right now as bad as it sounds I wish I could at least get an error message lol.

not sure if any of things will work for you, it didn't for me but try this:

1. Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
    2. In the Run window that appears, type "msconfig" without the quotes and click OK.
    3. In the System Configuration window, click on the Startup tab.
    4. Click the Disable all button.
    5. Click on the Services tab.
    6. Click on the checkbox next to "Hide all Microsoft services", which will remove all of the Microsoft services from the Services list.
    7. Click on the Disable all button.
    8. Click OK.

or

1. Click on the Start Icon
    2. Select All Programs
    3. Select Accessories
    4. In the Accessories menu right click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator
    5. In the command prompt type in "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff" without quotation marks and press Enter

or

run in windows mode, make sure AA is off through graphic card settings and such; there's a faq on graphics settings under support.. check it out.

or

under the run command type:
    netsh winsock show catalog > winsock.txt (run it)

then type

netsh winsock reset catalog (run it)

(i think your suppose to run both, that's what i was told; but didn't work for meeh..)

best of luck..

Telaran

None of those worked for me. Still nothing after I hit play.

ZZZ.

Hope I don't have to recover- if it dls the full thing again I'll hit monthly cap.

yea i have no idea what is either.. the only thing else i can think of is that supposedly rift only run under direct 9, so your suppose to some how rollback to directx9..

they may fix your problem. it may not..

Telaran

Since I'm out of options I'm running a file recovery now to see whether it does anything. Most likely all it will do is redownload something that doesn't need to be downloaded but we'll see.

Soulwalker

Default Still no Go

Yeah, none of those things worked for me either, although thanks for the post Goat, much appreciated, thinking I might just give these Trion folks a call.

Soulwalker

Default Resolution!!!

Just in case anyone else is still having this problem, I contacted Trion Tech Support and turns out it was just a Direct x problem. I was running 10 and it MUST be 9, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...1-50ceb6d8fa8d . that is the website they gave me to download direct x 9.

+ Reply to Thread