Thread: You're welcome for the free $50.00 Trion

Shadowlander

Default You're welcome for the free $50.00 Trion

Win7 32-bit Home Premium SP1 with KB2400157 Hotfix
    AMD Pheom II X2 550 (3.11 GHz)
    RAM 4.00 GB DDR2
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 driver version 8.821.0.0
    850W PSU

All drivers up to date. THIS IS NOT an overheating issue. GPU stays around 70 C throughout the game, even when it crashes.

Ive played/play Crysis, Age of Conan, SCII, WoW, CoD4:BO all on max settings, never once have I had problems with heat or computer crashing like I have here in this game.

I was able to play beta fine with NO PROBLEMS until around the open beta, where now my computer screen goes black, loses signal and I have to manually hit the restart button for it to do anything.

Ive submitted more than one ticket, only to get the generic response to go through these steps:
    http://trionworlds.custhelp.com/app/...detail/a_id/69

^^ Ive done every single one of those, and you know what? I can still play all previously mentioned games fine for hours or however long I want to with ZERO problems.

Yet, when I get on the Guardian quest to run through the circle of light to destroy Regulos at around level 6, its an instant black screen, loopy music and crash

The one character I have been able to somehow get past the first rift by jumping through (Defiant), my game locks randomly, near rifts maybe?

I've even made a new character, got to the Theledor fields at level 6, ran around the fields for about 3 hours grinding mobs, NEVER crashed, so again, THIS IS NOT AN OVERHEATING ISSUE.

Thank you Trion for 0 help, as I have done everything I can on my end to play this game, but for some strange reason, I am not able to play your game. I guess my specs are not up to date enough to run your game, but I can run all these others fine on high settings. FYI, when Im not crashed, I run about 50-60 FPS all the time, latency around 40-60 ms.

And it seems I am not alone on this issue, as TONS more people (with ATIs) are having same/similar issues, and yet Ive seen nothing that explains or states you are aware of this issue or you are working on a solution.

You're welcome for the free fifty.
    Last edited by rafogg; 02-27-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Shadowlander

Tomorrow morning, I will be calling Trion and asking for a refund. I have already canceled my recurring 6-month subscription - thankfully, I had yet to be charged for that.

I am having a similar issue with my Windows XP partition on my (high-end, year-old) Macbook Pro. I had no problem during the betas, nor during the first 24-hours of head-start. When I tried playing yesterday(post-patch), I was forced to hard-reboot (a dozen times, + repatch 4 times). I decided I didn't want to put my hardware under anymore stress, so I checked the forums, customer-help database, Microsoft's knowledge-base, and I even put in a ticket with Trion - all to no avail.

Since Trion has decided not to respond to my (hell, our) inquiries with the forum or my support ticket (nearing 24 hours in a couple hours), I have decided that I do no feel safe investing anymore time in this game, since it seems to be riddled with poor-programming-oversight leading to hardware problems (i.e., melting of graphics cards) that have not been addressed in a timely fashion, especially during a launch weekend.

Like the OP, I have been a big MMO'er over the last decade (EQ1, GW, WoW), and I have never had problems that were not easily resolved within 24 hours (including weekends).

In conclusion, I will seek a refund come Monday. If a refund is not granted, I will contact my credit card provider and take care of that with them. Thankfully, I bought this game directly through Trion, so I won't have to jump through any hoops.

Am I QQ'ing? Probably. Am I justified, definitely, especially, since I pre-ordered the game for the extra few days for head-start (casual gamer, extra time this week), which I cannot access due to the aforementioned reasons. I don't see this being an easy issue to fix, since the patch-notes don't mention any changes that were made to the min-run-requirements (http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Update_1_(Patch_Notes)), unless the patch-notes are also missing some info.
    Last edited by Lovemaker; 02-27-2011 at 01:28 PM.
    Arthur | <Bakaladaka Street> | Warrior | High-Elf | Spitescar (PvP)

Shadowlander

I encourage EVERYONE who is still experiencing difficulties similar to myself and many others to immediately log into your account and cancel your active subscription. Once March 1 rolls here and you have that open sub (1,3, or 6 months) you will be getting billed and you wont be able to take it back.

I understand that Trion is probably overloaded with in-game tickets, emails, problems, and voices from customers. I doubt they (or anyone) anticipated this many people already playing the pre-release version. I dont and never expected to get instant gratification on solving my issues while leaving others behind.

What I do not like is that I, along with hundreds others on this forum (and just think how many are going to have the problem that DIDN'T pre-order) are still having this same issue, and not one solution or comment has been made by Trion since open beta. That was what, almost a week ago? The game "officially releases" in two days, and I can only imagine h^ll breaking loose when all new customers with great graphic cards experience this same issue.

Three tickets, multiple posts on the forums, and not a single reasonable/respectable response has been given.

Do whats right and cancel your sub until we hear something from Trion relating to AMD/ATI or nVIDIA.

Soulwalker

You'll only be billed for your recurring subscription as of April 1st seeing as its the first day after your free month.

And to be more clear about when they are going to charge you straight from the account page...
    "Thirty (30) day game time included with purchase for new accounts begins upon your first log in to your account following the game's commercial release."

So the day after that. But assuming you log in on launch day that should be April 1st for most people.
    Last edited by coldy; 02-27-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Ascendant

Assuming, like a lot of others on the forums who are having problems have done no form of proper stability testing on your hardware BESIDES run a couple of games AMIRIGHT?

Lovemaker: You are QQ'ing because Rift is not even supposed to be running on a Mac so good luck with that one..
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Ato

I crash in the exact same location. I can enter the circle and stand there all day long no issue. Step out of the circle, screen goes black and a hard boot is required. It also happens when the catapults (the purple burst) hit my character and fill the screen.

Phenom II 940 BE.
    2x HIS 4890 in Xfire.
    8Gb Memory
    Windows 7 Ultimate (No SP1 fully updated otherwise)
    Cat 11.2

Everything is a fresh install, after having issues I decided to go ahead and do a reformat and fresh install (been thinking of doing it for a while anyway), so there is absolutely zero chance of driver conflicts etc. as everything is a fresh install. My system is also not overheating as some suggest my GPU's run 75c/70c (top card/bottom card) while under stress of Afterburners furmark, and 60c/55c while gaming (I run my fans @ 50%).

I unlike other posters though will just tough through this as Trion/ATI work a fix. I greatly enjoy the game and after leaving the newbie zones crashes are quite rare. The only crash I can reproduce after the newbie zone is using the teleport skill down a large slope.

As far as stability of my system. I have 24 hour tested my GPU, Memory and CPU with Orthos/Furmark/Memtest, 0 errors over 24 hours. I have no hardware issues.
    Last edited by Ato; 02-27-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by C-BuZz View Post
    Lovemaker: You are QQ'ing because Rift is not even supposed to be running on a Mac so good luck with that one..
    I made a partition on my hard-drive, on which I put Windows XP. This is supported by both Apple and Microsoft - a piece of Apple software was created (Boot Camp) that allows for this to be done an easy and efficient manner. It effectively makes a Windows Box on a portion of my hard drive. I've been doing it for years to run games that have no native OS X side.

I know I'm not the only one, and I know that everything was A-OK until yesterday's patch, which, if you read e patch-note, should have done nothing to the hardware side of things.
    Last edited by Lovemaker; 02-27-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemaker View Post
    I made a partition on my hard-drive, on which I put a Windows XP. This is supported by both Apple and Microsoft - a piece of Apple software was created (Boot Camp) that allows for this to be done an easy and efficient manner. I've been doing it for years to run games that have no native OS X side.
    Doesn't matter how many partitions you put on your hdd, doesn't change the fact it's still a mac & not supported by Trion.
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Shadowlander

Assuming, like a lot of others on the forums who are having problems have done no form of proper stability testing on your hardware BESIDES run a couple of games AMIRIGHT?

Assuming, like a lot of others on the forums who aren't having problems, directly point that its all our computers fault and is just overheating. Hey, I want to be a Rift fanboi also, and I doubt you even read anything from the first post.

There's nothing in any tests I've run that would point to Rift not working. Ever since one of the patches after beta all these people just started having the same problem. Must of been that solar flare the other week! Got to some people while others are unscathed.

Well, there's a lot of mud in the water, but here goes...

I had issues, turned out Windows 7 Service Pack 1 of all things was the culprit. It was causing DX9/D3D games to crash or have weird issues and driver resets etc. Uninstalled the SP1 (as much as I hated to take the time) and blam! I have no more Rift crashes.

Microsoft issued a Hotfix for this, I tried it, it didn't help so I resorted to uninstalling. My point, it wasn't Rift.

If your PC reboots it's a low level (OS/Device/Driver/Bios/Hardware(also heat)) related problem not the game.

One possible fix is enabling VSYNC:

see this post

So, yes, Rift pushed your PC hard, you can decide to change the settings and back off the demand a bit, but at the end of the day, reboots aren't a Rift problem, they are a PC based issue.
    Last edited by Kuldebar; 02-27-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Shadowlander

Doesn't matter how many partitions you put on your hdd, doesn't change the fact it's still a mac & not supported by Trion.
    Well, I passed all the system requirements using the tool that they posted. Again, you miss the point. The hardware is/was supported until the latest patch. According the min-requirements, I pass it. Hell, I got this partially workin using F/OSS emulation software on the mac-side (built 'Wine' from source to test this out), but I figured it'd be better to have a dedicated windows partition. It worked perfectly through the Betas as well.

Your point is moot, since a lot of the hardware in the mac is put into standard PC computers.
    Last edited by Lovemaker; 02-27-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Ato

Quote Originally Posted by Kuldebar View Post

I had issues, turned out Windows 7 Service Pack 1 of all things was the culprit. It was causing DX9/D3D games to crash or have weird issues and driver resets etc. Uninstalled the SP1 (as much as I hated to take the time) and blam! I have no more Rift crashes.

Microsoft issued a Hotfix for this, I tried it, it didn't help so I resorted to uninstalling. My point, it wasn't Rift.

If your PC reboots it's a low level (OS/Device/Driver/Bios/Hardware(also heat)) related problem not the game.

see this post

So, yes, Rift pushed your PC hard, you can decide to change the settings and back off the demand a bit, but at the end of the day, reboots aren't a Rift problem, they are a PC based issue.
    The crashes I get are GPU crashes. Having ruled out my hardware it is a software issue. I imagine they will get a fix implemented as it is quite situational (the circle in newb zone, purple burst from catapult and X/Y axis changes while teleporting). Also, these crashes occure without the help of Windows 7 SP1 (I have not installed it, read about the crashes and never downloaded it).

See a lot of MAC hate, so gonna toss out mine is not a MAC, my PC is a custom built that I built about 2 years ago.

GA-MA790X-UD4P
    AMD Phenom II 940 BE
    8Gb DDr2 1066 memory running @ 800 5-5-5-15 (Phenom doesn't like/allow 4 sticks @1066)
    2x HIS 4890's in Xfire
    2x Western Digital 640 BE in Raid 0 (Model AS)
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Fully updated with the exception of SP1)
    Last edited by Ato; 02-27-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemaker View Post
    Well, I passed all the system requirements using the tool that they posted. Again, you iss the point. The hardware is/was supported until the latest patch. According the min-requirements, I pass it. Hell, I got this partially workin using F/OSS emulation software on the mac-side, but I figured it'd be better to have a dedicated windows partition. It worked perfectly through the Betas as well.

Your point is moot, since a lot of the hardware in the mac is put into standard PC computers.
    ITS
    A
    MAC

Not sure how else to put it to you. The hardware may be the same as a normal PC but they use custom Bios's for the hardware so it could EASILY be a driver issue.
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kuldebar View Post

see this post

Our PCs are not rebooting by themselves. They are freezing up/locking up at these specific locations/areas. Screens turning black/grey lines and having sounds lockup and repeat real quickly, as if the graphics card is having a heart attack or something. The only solution to this problem is to manually push in our reboot button, as alt f4, ctrl alt del, or alt tab do nothing. The PCs are not rebooting by themselves.

And I have uninstalled SP1 and the game still crashes at these specific locations, it has nothing to do with service pack 1. While that mistake in SP1 may effect other D3D games, it has no effect on specific crashing in RIFT.
    Last edited by rafogg; 02-27-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Shadowlander

ITS
    A
    MAC

Not sure how else to put it to you. The hardware may be the same as a normal PC but they use custom Bios's for the hardware so it could EASILY be a driver issue.
    The BIOS issue I can acquiesce too, but there is no reason that a non-hardware-changing patch should eff up the playability of the game, after weeks of solid-gaming in the betas and 24 hours in head-start.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast