+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crashing...

Soulwalker

Default Crashing...

I just got Rift for the head start and have continually tried playing it, Basicly when i get into game i can sit at the menu or Character creation screen and nothing happens but when i play i can play( i set my graphics to 800x600 Low settings no music so i dont stress my graphics card) And i play and play and then it used to do a loud BUZZING and freeze so i updated my drivers to 260.99 and now can lay but then in my head phones one ear goes then the other then my screen goes crazy purple lines over the icons and skewed images. and then i crash go boom and cry. But then when i reload the comp it goes to the blue screen and has 3 lines of writing and says something about a error and a bunch of 0000000's and then crash dumps then i do it all over again. ATM i have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 I know its not great but i play with some guys who have a worse comp then me and can play it and i do have a new graphics card in the mail but right now Windows just popped up a window asking me if i want to install service pack 2 so i'm gonna try see if it works better but if anyone has any info or help that would be amazing thanks!

Telaran

had similar problems,, my grafixcard aint working at all now, im stuck at the lowesr resolution and a distorted picture, not beeing able to change anything to make the picture show in a manner that doesnt give me headache...
    new cad is on its way,, but if that should fix the errors i have atm i dunno if i dare to start playing rift again,,
    my tip is that u change for the new card before u destroy the one u r using now
    Last edited by staff; 02-27-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Soulwalker

well i updated to Windows service pack 2 and waited 53 minutes and played for 10 minutes and still lost sound then froze then i sat there banging my face against my desk then i heard the sound when you press to many keys to many times then went through the whole re boot fix comp thing and windows healer thingy popped up and i took the three links that said here is what happened and Now wondering if anyone knows what they mean and how to fix it plus i think i fired my card cause now my Kelari has black skin and i was lagging(Video Lag) pretty bad when yesterday when i did get to play for 5 minutes it ran decently smooth here they are

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini022711-05.dmp
    C:\Users\Dillon2\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-74490-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Dillon2\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3B6A.tmp.ve rsion.txt

Not sure if anyone can seem them but thats what it said

+ Reply to Thread