+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solution: GW2

Soulwalker

Default Solution: GW2

I've been reading this Technical Discussions forum for a while now. It seems a lot of people are having issues with poor performance on higher end PCs. The same exact symptoms plagued Warhammer Online. Seriously, go to the technical forums there, people are still trying to figure out how to make the game run past 20 FPS on high end gaming rigs!

My theory: It will not be addressed until close to half of their subscription base cancels their account due to poor optimization.

Why would they spend the time/money working on their game engine if only a small percentage of their subscription base is having issues? This is an MMO. If you an retain 50% of the opening rush in subs, you can pat yourself on the back because according to standards (I say that like its an actual number or fact), you have a successful MMO. Now you have to keep the darn subs.

TL;DR version: Engine Optimization needed. It won't happen until tons of subscriptions disappear due to low performance. Until then, its time to return to other MMOs and hope GW2 does not have this problem.

Cya

/10 char

Of course GW2 will have this problem for a long, long time.
    It's a low budget NCsoft game. They can't optimize anything right.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Soulwalker

Or in my case: Don't buy the game at all. They could have sold us 2 copies in this household, but because of the terrible performance, they only sold us one. Ohwell, money I can use on something else!

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Day one of Aion there was hundreds of people in the starting area, HUNDREDS. Max settings 8xaa I was capped at 60fps and that game looked on par with Rift. They used Cryengine 1 which is leaps and ****ing bounds better than Gamebyro.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Neckrobeard View Post
    Day one of Aion there was hundreds of people in the starting area, HUNDREDS. Max settings 8xaa I was capped at 60fps and that game looked on par with Rift. They used Cryengine 1 which is leaps and ****ing bounds better than Gamebyro.
    Exactly! I had the same experience. Aion's servers were packed for a while and I rarely saw my fps drop below 60. I had everything maxed too! I'm not trying to bash this game by any means. I wanted to enjoy it! Just like I wanted to enjoy Warhammer Online. Hell, I even built a new gaming PC for Warhammer!

I'm just saying that I have seen this same thing happen in other MMOs and nothing is going to change until they start losing money due to a large number of people canceling their subs because of poor engine performance.

I wish Trion the best, but they will not be getting my pitiful $15 a month.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post

Get your fact straight. Guild Wars is developed and designed by ArenaNet and NCSoft is only the publisher.

It's like you're saying that Dragon Age was created by EA.

And that low budget game utilizes CryEngine, pretty much light years ahead this outdated graphic engine TRION is using.

I'm just waiting till' Warhammer repeats itself in RIFT.

+ Reply to Thread