+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Low graphics suck help me please

Soulwalker

Default Low graphics suck help me please

Hi everyone. I am 18 and don't know much about computers but I know enough to know my pc is getting old and can't handle current games like rift on very good settings, in fact i have to run on the lowest right now and it sucks. Basically I'm just wondering how i can get my pc to run rift on like medium graphics with decent fps.

My specs.
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.40 GHz
    3 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO
    1680x1050

thanks!
    Last edited by Eich; 02-27-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Soulwalker

anyone? help me please.
    Eichelhoe - 24 Necro - Aedraxis

ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO

Umm you are lucky it even loads

Try reducing your screen resolution. It will make everything bigger, BUT then go into the Rift settings under video and reduce your global UI size to give you more monitor real estate to see what's going on.

After that, slowly move sliders up from minimum. Take warning of the 'GPU intensive' settings. These would be shaders/textures/particle effects.

You can easily get 20-50fps higher doing this.

Mainly you need to simplify the lighting, and eliminate fullscreen effects like anti aliasing, and lower the draw distance for terrain and objects.

You probably need to go medium on textures too with that card.

Soulwalker

lol well i could buy a new card, what do you all recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    lol well i could buy a new card, what do you all recommend?
    Find out what your power supply is rated at power wise, and get a new PCI-E Video card from nVidia or ATI...

If you are on a budget, you will need to shell out about 100-120 dollars, I wouldn't go any cheaper that.

I have a 5770, it sells for around 120, with some in game settings changes, I get around 30-40 FPS.

Soulwalker

my power supply said 350w and i was hoping to keep it under $200 so that card looks pretty good and 30-40 fps would be awesome

Default Build a pc to these specs and you will own at max settings

EVGA GTX 480 or above video card (I run 2 in SLI), 6 gigs of 1800 megahertz ram in tri channel, Core i7 at 3 gigahertz or faster, Asus or Gigabyte 3 way sli motherboard that supports core i7 and tri channel ram. Also get a XFI pci express sound card. Make sure the case is big enough for your video cards so get something like a 200 dollar armor+ Thermal tank case with 10 drive bays.

I have a system with all the above. I run max settings and get 60fps all the time no matter how many people are on screen.

Default Oh, I forgot cost...

I think for my system custom built by myself was like 2,000 dollars. I for got to include the Ultra Chill TEC thermal electric CPU cooler and my 8 case fans.. I Hope this helps

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletore View Post
    I think for my system custom built by myself was like 2,000 dollars. I for got to include the Ultra Chill TEC thermal electric CPU cooler and my 8 case fans.. I Hope this helps
    So your advice for the OP is go spend $2k on a rig after he said he wants to keep it under $200?
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Soulwalker

that's awesome man i wish i had it but i don't have that kind of money to spend. i was just thinking about upgrading my video card since it seems like mine is ****
    Last edited by Eich; 02-27-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Telaran

that's awesome man i wish i had it but i don't have that kind of money to spend. i was just thinking about upgrading my video card since it seems like mine is ****
    Just upgrade your video card and you should be okay. I'm assuming that since you have a 2.4ghz quad that it's a q6600. I have the same processor overclocked to 3.4ghz. You can generally get them up to at least 3ghz pretty easily (depending on the options provided in your motherboard bios and your cooling). It may or may not be worth it. Video card will likely make the biggest difference for you. Make sure to take added power consumption into account when you buy (based on your current PSU if you don't plan to upgrade that).

my power supply said 350w and i was hoping to keep it under $200 so that card looks pretty good and 30-40 fps would be awesome
    Get the card and upgrade your power supply to like 600w. Together they will run under your $200 budget.

Soulwalker

alright I definitely want to get a new card but I'm not really sure if my pc uses agp, pci, or pci express cards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast