+ Reply to Thread

Thread: missing NPC names

Soulwalker

Default missing NPC names

Greetings!

I am throughly confused... I'm running an Nvidia 460 at 1920x1080... with no latence/frame rate problems... but I can't get the NPC name...[or any of the player names] to show up???? My wife is running an almost identical system and has no issues...[only difference is the monitors]...ARGH!

Soulwalker

Here are a couple of things to try:
    -Ensure “Power Management Mode” is set to “Prefer Maximum Performance” in the NVidia control panel.
    -Ensure "Anti-Aliasing" and "Anisotropic Filtering" are set to"Application Controlled" in the NVidia Control Panel.
    -Ensure "Transparency Anti-Aliasing" and "Ambient Occlusion" are set to"Off" in the NVidia Control Panel.
    -Change your Anti aliasing settings in game. Name-plates only work for me when AA is set to Supersampling.
    -Update your video drivers.

Best of luck. I'm running an Nvidia Geforce 470 and having the same problem.
    Last edited by Sargris; 02-27-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Soulwalker

I regularly encounter this issue when I run the game in windowed fullscreen mode (maximized borderless window), usually after a video or loading screen (teleport etc.)

A workaround that works for me is changing to real fullscreen and back, then the names magically reappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargris View Post
    Change your Anti aliasing settings in game. Name-plates only work for me when AA is set to Supersampling.
    I was running around do quests with friends and I have to apoligized to lot of peeps because I'm killing wrong mobs at high population areas, they have same model characters and ppls thought I'm trying to kill steal thier mobs.

I got only 8 FPS if I set AA to Supersampling.

Trion need to do something about this problem, it's addressed from BETA. I don't believe Trion expecting EVERYONE playing RIFT with HIGH END graphic card.

Ascendant

Surprised you didn't do a search.... This must have been covered a million times already. But here it is again for you.

Reset your drivers back to default in Nvidia/ATI Control panel.
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

+ Reply to Thread