+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Computer very loud while playing rift

Default Computer very loud while playing rift

Hey guys, when I'm playing rift (run it on medium settings) my computer gets extremely loud, the loudest I've ever seen it. I tried lowering the settings to minimum, but it still doesn't change the loudness of my computer. When I minimize the game, my sound returns to normal. This is the only game I've had this problem with. My computer specs are:

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 series
    RAM: 8 GB
    Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHz
    Hard Drive: 1 tb

Also as a side note, my framerate is fine. Just playing and having a lawn mower next to me is kind of obnoxious. Any help is much appreciated!
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day." -George Carlin

Shadowlander

Well it's obviously heat.

5770 is probably working at 100% and depending on your case/fans etc. could mean the fan is up at 80% or something.

Download MSI afterburner, or even use the ATI overdrive screen to monitor how hot your card is, and how fast the fan is running.

Could be the CPU getting hot also.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slorg View Post
    Hey guys, when I'm playing rift (run it on medium settings) my computer gets extremely loud, the loudest I've ever seen it. I tried lowering the settings to minimum, but it still doesn't change the loudness of my computer. When I minimize the game, my sound returns to normal. This is the only game I've had this problem with. My computer specs are:

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 series
    RAM: 8 GB
    Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHz
    Hard Drive: 1 tb

Also as a side note, my framerate is fine. Just playing and having a lawn mower next to me is kind of obnoxious. Any help is much appreciated!
    It's just your graphics card and cpu fan spinning fast because they are hot, it's normal.

Oceanic PvE/PvP | Deepstrike | Defiant
    Greatest Ever

+ Reply to Thread