+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Since The Newest Update, Characters Are Neon Green!?! Is There A More Permanent Fix

Soulwalker

Default Since The Newest Update, Characters Are Neon Green!?! Is There A More Permanent Fix

Since the latest update, the 45mb patch a few hours ago, the game graphics just don't show properly.

Instead of the normal graphics I was getting previously, now the characters are neon green with no details, just outlines, and terrains are a crimson red.

The 'Recover' tool didn't work.

At the moment I only have a temporary fix, where if I change the screen resolution from it's current and proper 1900 X 1200 to a lower res, apply that, then change back, it fixes the problem.

But if I tab out, it all reverts to the same green and red.

This is mainly a problem during character creation at the moment, as I loose the look of the character I was going for.

Is there a solution? I have all the latest video card drivers, other games and programs run just fine, and this did not happen until the latest 45 mb update.

Let me guess:

You run windows XP, You have an Nvidia 4xx or 5xx and you watched youtube or any other vids or Flash.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by gehoornde View Post
    Let me guess:

You run windows XP, You have an Nvidia 4xx or 5xx and you watched youtube or any other vids or Flash.
    Yes to XP, yes to the video card it's an NVidia GTX460, and most likely yeah, Flash and/or Youtube since the update.

I take it this is a common problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Korugar View Post
    Yes to XP, yes to the video card it's an NVidia GTX460, and most likely yeah, Flash and/or Youtube since the update.

I take it this is a common problem?
    There is no real fix but what you can do is:

Watch a youtube video, rightclick the video and in settings untick "hardware acceleration".

...Or you can reboot everytime after you watched a movie and want to play.
    As long as you dont do any videothings before you play it works.

Soulwalker

I have had the same problem with the neon green people on a black background. I too am running Windows XP and have an Nvidia gtx 460 video card. Restarting my computer seems to fix the problem so far anyway.

Soulwalker

I've got Windows XP with a Nvidia gtx 460 also, and am experiencing the same thing.
    Last edited by supergp; 02-27-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by gehoornde View Post
    There is no real fix but what you can do is:

Watch a youtube video, rightclick the video and in settings untick "hardware acceleration".

...Or you can reboot everytime after you watched a movie and want to play.
    As long as you dont do any videothings before you play it works.
    Thank you for that info

And for the guys who posted below, there is an easier way for a temp solution. When it happens, go into 'Settings' ingame, change your screen resolution, apply that, then change it back to its normal resolution.

That fixes it. But that's only a bandaid solution, but it is much more convenient than rebooting the whole computer each time.

Something else to try is run the game in "Fullscreen Window" instead of Fullscreen, if that option is open to you. A lot of d3d software will glitch out in the manner you mentioned when you alt+tab.

Shadowlander

Since this patch from Sunday evening, all sorts of things have gotten broken. I run dual GTX580's with Windows 7 and my characters at the login screen are glowing red. I enter the game and play for a little bit then the game freezes on me. I haven't had any problems in betas or since head start Thursday. Someone badly fixed something that wasn't broken. We will just have to wait it out. Hopefully they will get it "unfixed" (so to speak) today .

Telaran

Not experiencing anything wrong with my game.

Nvidia GeForce GTS 360M; i7 Dual Processor (IntelR) - 720QM

+ Reply to Thread