+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7 fps on medium settings WTF?

Soulwalker

Default 7 fps on medium settings WTF?

hey guys, ive been getting vomit-inducing performance on rift, my specs are:
    -ati 6850HD 1GB
    -4GB ddr 2
    -AMD phenom 2.2ghz quad core

thing is, this and new vegas are the only 2 games that have terrible performance on my machine, i can go and play any other game like BF:BC2 and Age of Conan on max settings and get great framerate, i have the latest drivers, no programs running in the background, nothing out of the ordinary, so why am i getting
    piss-poor performance?

You could try play on Low Quality Renderer, instead of medium settings, I had this same issue as you, so i tried that option and it works for now, between Low and Medium settings, the graphic isnt a big difference.

Soulwalker

I wish I could help you, Tweakz, but I'm having the exact same issues, though with an ATI 5750 GPU. Husband who has a ATI 4850 GPU plays the game just fine. There just seems to be some kind of issue going on with newer ATI cards. I have tried just about every solution, but nothing has worked so far. The only thing I am glad for is that I tried the game out in beta and had these issues. So when husband bought the game, I decided to try to get it to work before I bought the game myself. I have not gotten it to work, and I think 8 hours of tweaking is enough, so I am sadly going to pass on Rift.

+ Reply to Thread