+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sound Popping?

Shadowlander

Default Sound Popping?

The sound in Rift pops every 3-5 seconds. It seems to happen less when I turn the music off, but the music is part of the game. It's rather annoying. I read somewhere that disabling on-board sound would fix it and it didn't. I'm using a Logitech G930 headset. If anyone has any ideas as to what is causing this your information would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Happens for me as well.

I can add that I've tried updating to latest drivers + I don't have vent/mumble open while playing. Have also tried speakers/headphones..

It's like one sound effect ('rift sealed', the 'horn' when an invasion starts) will stutter.. With music on you hear it more as the stutters in the music are very noticeable but I believe it happens just as frequently without the music on as well.

Shadowlander

Good to know I'm not alone on this problem. Anybody have any ideas?

Disable reverb?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Guldur View Post
    Disable reverb?
    Tried, no dice.

Shadowlander

Bump.

/10char

Shadowlander

Bump......

Soulwalker

I have the exact same sound problems. I get stuttering, crackling, and popping. Sometimes echoing and repeating, like the game is about to crash, yet the game itself isn't stuttering in any way. It also only seems to happen if I get near or into rift events... which is pretty much the second I log into the game, lol.

I also thought it might have been the reverb option, but like you, I turned it off and it didn't change a thing.

Shadowlander

Bump.

/10char

Shadowlander

bump......

Quote Originally Posted by SupBro View Post
    The sound in Rift pops every 3-5 seconds.
    Same here, just installed and updated the software for my G930's, and the music has pops every 3-4 seconds, while 7.1 is enabled. When stereo is selected on the headset, I get a noticably lower volume of music in the left speaker.

Soulwalker

I get the same problem when i start up the game in Guardian territory, when i enter life rifts, and when I'm doing lift invasion events, any other time i play the game like with the defiant characters nothing goes bad, I've done water and death rifts and nothing, as soon as i go to any major city in the guardian side its loopy, popping, and just loud and obnoxious. Don't know if that helps Trion at all, or anyone else, i updated my sound card which is a realtek high def, but still guardian city or life rift/invasion = horrible sound porblems

Soulwalker

Happens to me as well, whenever I am in combat. Then stops whenever I leave combat. Annoying & Lame.

Shadowlander

I get a sound stuttering that reminds me of my old pc when it was dying.

Is this even the right way to contact Rift Tech support?

I was hoping somebody from Trion would post a "known bug see this thread" or similar response here. Seems like lots of people have the issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast