+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AA

Soulwalker

Angry AA

im sorry i forgot the two name options for the AA in this game, ther is the simple one and the " high end " one .

and man, im running a fairly good pc (i5 750, 4gram , R6870 - to make it short ) and the game is all so blurry just about everywher , everything in the viewable ..view is just blurry , when you turn on the high quality AA its much better but the fps goes down to the grave .

i mean wtf , i dont care what kind of AA we get i just want the game to look sharp and run smooth and smudges and **** , argh .

Anti-alias btw
    Have you tried messing with the screen resolutions at all?
    I find I have to have AA off entirely but it doesnt make the game blurry (Im sure using AA would sharpen it up a lot, but its just makes the game crawl). Ive got trilinear filtering on (and everything under that option- in advanced video - on as well). Im also using hte multipass terrain and NO shadows (I find that makes things crawl too).
    I had this issue with another game and found changing the screen resolution helped a lot to sharpen images without losing fps.
    You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere

Ati/Amd cards have their own kind of AA that you have to disable in the control panel because it's applied across the screen text and all. I'd make sure that's turned off OP.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Manu89 View Post
    im sorry i forgot the two name options for the AA in this game, ther is the simple one and the " high end " one .

and man, im running a fairly good pc (i5 750, 4gram , R6870 - to make it short ) and the game is all so blurry just about everywher , everything in the viewable ..view is just blurry , when you turn on the high quality AA its much better but the fps goes down to the grave .

i mean wtf , i dont care what kind of AA we get i just want the game to look sharp and run smooth and smudges and **** , argh .
    I kind of had the same initial reaction. My setup is as follows:

Intel Q6600
    4GB DDR2-800
    AMD HD5850

I noticed that even with AA on my game looks quite blurry. As an example with all the NPC's that have Green Text above their heads, with the camera pulled any further than halfway the text becomes illegible since it just kind of bleeds across. I'll post a SS when I get home but I have the same situation so nobody thinks it's just a sole person. The game is still playable, but the visuals are far from optimal.

+ Reply to Thread