+ Reply to Thread

Thread: •Private Chat and Needed Improvements•

Exclamation •Private Chat and Needed Improvements•

Good evening Trion,

I wanted to take a moment to draw your attention to a truly minor matter.

The Private chat system is functioning at only partial stability.
    The /clist command has no functionality.
    The /cinvite command is in the same state.

Upon logout, the 'Owner' of a channel loses their membership to the channel.

When logging back in, if a password was required for the channel, or if it was private, and an invitation had been given (without a ban being put in place) the user is not automatically re-added to the channel.
    The following is a list of standard, expected functionality for this feature:
    The channel is resilient. If the channel is empty of all users for more than 1 week, the channel is deleted.

If the owner of a channel is offline for more than one week, the first moderator to login following this period will be promoted to owner. If there are no moderators, the first user to log in will take ownership.

A Player has a maximum number (3 in my estimation) of channels which they can serve as owner of.

Passwords authenticate separately from the /join [channel name] command. When a channel has a password, typing /join [channel name] will result in a message informing the player that they need to enter a password. Ideally, this occurs in a popup screen.

Additional features would include a /motd [channel ID] command, which, upon entering a channel, would allow the players to see a Message of the Day.
    The launch of an MMO is a complex time. However, the game's marketing intention is to be 'feature complete'. Though small, a base of players relies on this feature to communicate, in community, outside of the guild/party structure. This feature will also be used for role-play, guild alliances, and organizations of players who are spaced across different areas of content. I can understand that subjects like making the pets for the pet classes a little more durable, and better handling gold-spam are the high priorities, however, if someone has a bit of time to dedicate to fixing this minor feature, I would be most grateful.
    "I've gone to find myself, if I get back before I return...keep me here."

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinchan View Post
    Good evening Trion,

I wanted to take a moment to draw your attention to a truly minor matter.

The Private chat system is functioning at only partial stability.
    The /clist command has no functionality.
    The /cinvite command is in the same state.

Upon logout, the 'Owner' of a channel loses their membership to the channel.

When logging back in, if a password was required for the channel, or if it was private, and an invitation had been given (without a ban being put in place) the user is not automatically re-added to the channel.
    The following is a list of standard, expected functionality for this feature:
    The channel is resilient. If the channel is empty of all users for more than 1 week, the channel is deleted.

If the owner of a channel is offline for more than one week, the first moderator to login following this period will be promoted to owner. If there are no moderators, the first user to log in will take ownership.

A Player has a maximum number (3 in my estimation) of channels which they can serve as owner of.

Passwords authenticate separately from the /join [channel name] command. When a channel has a password, typing /join [channel name] will result in a message informing the player that they need to enter a password. Ideally, this occurs in a popup screen.

Additional features would include a /motd [channel ID] command, which, upon entering a channel, would allow the players to see a Message of the Day.
    The launch of an MMO is a complex time. However, the game's marketing intention is to be 'feature complete'. Though small, a base of players relies on this feature to communicate, in community, outside of the guild/party structure. This feature will also be used for role-play, guild alliances, and organizations of players who are spaced across different areas of content. I can understand that subjects like making the pets for the pet classes a little more durable, and better handling gold-spam are the high priorities, however, if someone has a bit of time to dedicate to fixing this minor feature, I would be most grateful.
    Constructive criticism here so please don't be offended. The purple text is ridiculously hard to read against the blue background of the forums.

+ Reply to Thread