+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noticeable Latency On RP Servers

Soulwalker

Question Noticeable Latency On RP Servers

My wife and I have both made characters on every RP server and on a few of the general PVE/PVP servers. Repeatedly, we are logging into horrible latency problems on the RP servers that do not exist on the general ones. Any ideas?

Soulwalker

reply to myself here:

Alright, for the record, I am aware of the isp throttling theory and we are going to be addressing that with our local rural isp this week when their office opens. I have also updated our router's ports to reflect the new selection. That was a change since closed beta I wish Trion's support had made a bit louder.

Regardless, this morning I've failed to have any latency below 1k on Shadefallen or the newest RP server Estrael.

I gave up and went to Perpise (sp?) PVE server, and wow, I can play! In the newbie area, on ULTRA graphic settings I can still get 25fps with only 80ms latency. That rocks.

So...what is the difference between any normal server and an RP server? The naming policy...

Do you, Trion, have an active name enforcement code running 24/7, that is buggering the process?

Soulwalker

replying to my own post here again

please see my new post:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/5ulcx6a

+ Reply to Thread