+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Queues and Authentication Capacity Limits

Rift Disciple

Default Queues and Authentication Capacity Limits

I am hoping I can get a reply from the Devs on this cause its become EXTREMELY frustrating.

I have been an MMO player since the early days and UO started. Since then I have played just about every MMO in existence and honestly RIFT is the best of the bunch. I understand its early in the release of the game but the constant queues to get logged into the game are insane. I logged into the game tonight and have been waiting over an hour at this point. This is unacceptable.

What can we do about this?

Can you offer character transfers to less populated realms, or do we just have to say the hell with it an re-roll just to find a server that might not have a queue. Something seriously needs to be done about this. It is unfair to everyone to have to pay monthly for a game and not be able to play it. My personal play time is limited enough and now I have to wait for a queue on my server?

Trion something seriously needs to be done and it needs to be done quickly or I will be requesting a refund and find some other game to play that doesn't suffer from such a basic thing being wrong with the game.

You have over one million accounts, that's $50 million bucks in the past week, minus expenses that's still $30 million to spend on new hardware to get these shards up and running without a queue....

You got one thing right ... we ain't in Azeroth any more, and that's becoming more and more abundantly clear every time I attempt to log into the game and I am unable to play.

I have been an MMO player since the early days and UO started. Since then I have played just about every MMO in existence and honestly RIFT is the best of the bunch. I understand its early in the release of the game but the constant queues to get logged into the game are insane. I logged into the game tonight and have been waiting over an hour at this point. This is unacceptable.

Release day of Warcraft I had constant crashes , game glitches and wait times myself...that game I had no patience for waiting around on since in all fairness the game could run on a toaster but Rift ? Not only smoother by leaps and boundsbut very few crashes, I get stuck in a que from time to time but i'm not going to cry about it...would you cry getting stuck in line at a supermarket ? My time standing in a line in a Grocery store is a lot more than my time spent in ques on Rift. It IS perfectly acceptable for a game that isn't officially launched yet to behave as such, perhaps not over long periods of time but as I just said the game isn't Officially launched until 1 pm today.

What can we do about this?

Well, hate to say it but stop adding to the problem. ( Sorry had to make you look at it from another point of view rather than just your own ). You think you are the only person in that que ? Obviously it is anywhere between 100 and 2000 + people ( depending on your server ) all nerd raging standing in line waiting to enter the world of Rift. The question now becomes what can YOU do about this ? Do what myself and many others have done regardless of level...I started out on Belmont because that's where I was in Beta - the server suffers crashes and constant downtime for updates with some que times if I don't log on from the time I wake up so I moved to another server which had zero ques but also suffered some crashes so I moved to yet another server and started out - zero crashes and zero lines. I'm not stuck on myself too proud to do what I need to do for myself to have a better playing environment.

It is unfair to everyone to have to pay monthly for a game and not be able to play it. My personal play time is limited enough and now I have to wait for a queue on my server?
    Um, are you on some special program the rest of us aren't on or even aware of ? I'm pretty sure head start is FREE as well as the first month ( 30 days ) of playtime. Trion understands it won't be perfect so they are paying for the first month themselves...seems pretty fair and upstanding to me. Secondly who's fault is it your play time is limited ? Certainly not Trions so don't take it out on them. Pretend you're on a highway with 6 lanes full of people coming from work just like you at prime time, are you going to write the city hate mail asking for your taxes back because its unfair you have to sit in a traffic jam ?

Trion something seriously needs to be done and it needs to be done quickly or I will be requesting a refund and find some other game to play that doesn't suffer from such a basic thing being wrong with the game.
    You can request a refund but the fact is you have redeemed your game code which renders your game "nonrefundable". I seriously have to wonder if you are indeed an avid MMO player if you react like this re-launch / during launch of a game, it isn't the first time nor will it be the last time a MMO has a que.

You have over one million accounts, that's $50 million bucks in the past week, minus expenses that's still $30 million to spend on new hardware to get these shards up and running without a queue....
    Don't ever comment on what's in another mans pocket unless you yourself are in that pocket as well. You don't know with any amount of certainty what they have earned or what they paid out--pure speculation.

You got one thing right ... we ain't in Azeroth any more, and that's becoming more and more abundantly clear every time I attempt to log into the game and I am unable to play.
    YOU got one thing right yourself , true we " ain't in Azeroth anymore " - which BTW is a game 6 years on its legs and well past its launch date WHICH I was there for so unless you have selective memory or it's a cheap shot feel free to go back Warcraft and while there ask around any player that's been playing since launch day.

I hate to sound like an ***** in all honesty but stop acting like a child whose mother didn't take them into the toy store. You are one person out of a million...(do you know what a million is ?)...very few belly ache over something as small as this. My husband had a 4 hour que and he didn't care because there is no shortage of things to do with the internet at your fingertips..also , he's more mature than that.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man canít do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you canít. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so youíll have to square with that some day..

Attach this to my previous post as a P.S ( Edit button wasnt showing for me )

Lets completely ignore all the time the WoW authentication log in is broken or how many times their maintenance extends many hours beyond what was stated as the duration of downtime...apparently since you failed to mention that when stating you were missing wow... ..that IS acceptable ?

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man canít do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you canít. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so youíll have to square with that some day..

+ Reply to Thread