+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unplayable after patch today

Soulwalker

Default Unplayable after patch today

Everything set @ max in graphical settings and absolutely 0 problems before the patch today. Now keeps randomly locking up( every 5 min or so) and I have to restart the computer to get playable framerates again.

Running

Core i7 950 @ 3.7
    6gb ddr3
    Evga 580GTX sc - Latest Drivers
    Windows 7

Was running 50+ fps constant, after freezing and restart I get 10-11 fps until I restart the computer.
    Last edited by Imortel; 02-26-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Agreed. I had finally found settings that let me play for over 4 hours at a time without crashing, and after today's patch, I can't play for more than 20 minutes without having to hardboot my computer.

Vista 64
    ATI 4870, Catalyst 11.1
    Core i7 920, 2.6 GHz
    6GB RAM

Plane Touched

Again, a +1. TRION, what did you dooo?

Soulwalker

Im in the same boat.. Im not completely crashing but the frames get jittery and worse and worse as I play. I think its a problem with the patch and nvidia cards. I was running game on Ultra settings at 1920x1200 with way more than 60fps. AFter the patch is gets worse and worse. Really stuttery and stop and go. Also when I get the Quest accepted or Quest Complete cinematic text its just a purple block sometimes....

i7-920 cpu
    6gb ram
    2x gtx 460's in SLI mode...

Wtf trion?
    Last edited by TheGman; 02-26-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Plane Touched

I think it actually caused my old 8800 gts to fry. Admittedly it was my fault for continuing to trying to get it to work, but still, I'm going on the theory that it was the patch, speficially, that pushed it over the edge.

It went from fine to toast in one 20mb patch.

Soulwalker

Either way, this needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHouse View Post
    Agreed. I had finally found settings that let me play for over 4 hours at a time without crashing, and after today's patch, I can't play for more than 20 minutes without having to hardboot my computer.

Vista 64
    ATI 4870, Catalyst 11.1
    Core i7 920, 2.6 GHz
    6GB RAM
    Similar specifications to my PC here.

O/S: Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
    ATI 4870 1Gb, Catalyst 11.1a (hotfix) - Overdrive disabled and Temps showing 60ºC (standard)
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @2.4 GHz (Not OC'd)
    8GB DDR2 RAM

I have never had any significant problems throughout the entire Beta process. This is the first time I have seen major artifact and image tearing to the point that colors are corrupted. It seems to be either lighting or shadows that are causing the problems, but even basic textures are flickering with lighting/shadows turned off.

I have also loaded up a couple of other games to see if the problem may occur there, but I have had no problems there. This is definitely a conflict caused by the Update #1: 2/26/11 8:00am PST.
    Last edited by Elth; 02-26-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Soulwalker

Angry can't play at all

i just patched and i can't play AT ALL. was running 20-30 fps yesterday but now as soon as i click play RIFT crashes... this was not a problem yesterday! TRION FIX THIS ASAP!!!

Vista 64 bit
    Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
    8GB DDR2 RAM
    Last edited by azhreidebonair; 02-26-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: adding info

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elth View Post
    Similar specifications to my PC here.

O/S: Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
    ATI 4870 1Gb, Catalyst 11.1a (hotfix) - Overdrive disabled and Temps showing 60ºC (standard)
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @2.4 GHz (Not OC'd)
    8GB DDR2 RAM

I have never had any significant problems throughout the entire Beta process. This is the first time I have seen major artifact and image tearing to the point that colors are corrupted. It seems to be either lighting or shadows that are causing the problems, but even basic textures are flickering with lighting/shadows turned off.
    Same for me, all the colors corrupt (been turning into a purple/black checkerboard everywhere on screen) and then it freezes, and the only way to recover is to reboot the computer

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by azhreidebonair View Post
    i just patched and i can't play AT ALL. as soon as i click play RIFT crashes... this was not a problem yesterday!
    Thats awful, this patch almost had nothing in it, just a tiny little patch can cause so many problems

Plane Touched

Exactly what I got. Until, this last time, I was getting similar problems on the BIOS screen, too.

Time for that upgrade...course, if RIFT fries that too...

Soulwalker

It sucks cause my wife is running it on a old phenom x4 with a 8800gts and she is having 0 issues after the patch

Plane Touched

Did anyone have a temp app running at the time? I was registering a stable 72C on my GPU before it suddenly went down after the crash. Not sure if the overheat was just too quick for it to catch or not.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Valmar View Post
    Did anyone have a temp app running at the time? I was registering a stable 72C on my GPU before it suddenly went down after the crash. Not sure if the overheat was just too quick for it to catch or not.
    Gpus are designed to get well over 90c before they start to artifact and fry.. the gtx series of cards can get over 110c before it starts to die... and its also programed to shut down if it gets too hot to avoid damage.

My two gtx 460s in sli are not getting any hotter than they normaly do.. 71c for top card, 60c for the bottom card after this patch... temps are normal. I dont think the patch is frying cards... its just ****ing everything up for some odd reason.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Valmar View Post
    I was watching precision, this is NOT an overheating issue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast