+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nvidia GTX 460 SE

Default Nvidia GTX 460 SE

I just got the titles card today and 750w power supply upgrade.

The in-game performance compared to my old card is huge. I love it. However, occasionally (specifically in the black garden bg), i get screen flickers where colored polygons sort of shoot out from random places. This doesn't happen all the time, just enough to notice.

For those of you who know the GTX 460 card, it runs very cool so I doubt it's an overheating issue. Any thoughts folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Byronyk View Post
    I just got the titles card today and 750w power supply upgrade.

The in-game performance compared to my old card is huge. I love it. However, occasionally (specifically in the black garden bg), i get screen flickers where colored polygons sort of shoot out from random places. This doesn't happen all the time, just enough to notice.

For those of you who know the GTX 460 card, it runs very cool so I doubt it's an overheating issue. Any thoughts folks?
    Let me start by taking it slightly off topic. A 750 watt power supply is a massive overkill unless you plan on adding a second GPU later down the line. Hopefully you only got that size because it was on sale, or you plan on going SLI eventually.

Back on topic. I get the same thing, streaks of a sort. I had them all throughout beta, on the three different GPUs i tested. I think this is just a problem with the client, that perhaps you weren't noticing before if you had the effects turned down. Specs in sig.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Yes, I do plan on upgrading my system AND it was on sale lol.

Back on topic. I'm glad it isn't just me. And yes, through beta event 5, 6, and open beta, I was using a terrible gpu on super low settings. Now I have them on high but still with AA off. It happens a lot near water as well. The game sometimes even crashes near water and gives me a "There was an error with your video card and has been resolved."

Any suggestions to fix this if its a client side problem?

Well I've never had a video driver crash, so it may not be the same problem. I've never had any problems with water either.

Set as many things as possible to "application controlled" in the control center and see if that helps.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

+ Reply to Thread