+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Account seems to be disabled, error #2001 on login.

Telaran

Default Account seems to be disabled, error #2001 on login.

Two of my friends both have the #2001 error occurring when they attempt to log into the patcher.

'Authentication Failed. Please check your email address and password. (Error #2001)'

Things they have tried:
    1. pinging the login server - they still receive packets from the login server
    2. deleting the patcher config file - does nothing
    3. using the self patcher.exe - does nothing
    4. changed password multiple times - doesnt work and the password did change and they were able to login to account management
    5. disconnected internet, ran patcher, reconnected internet, attempted to login - didn't work
    6. reset router
    7. restarted computer frequently
    8. I attempted to login with both their accounts and received the same error.
    9. changed email address linked to account - no change.
    10. logging into another's account on their end - patcher updated and they are able to play the account.
    11. Not a windows time setting issue either.

This all happened while having both antivirus and firewall disabled.

It is almost like the accounts have been suspended but they have not received any emails notifying them of such action. They also didn't engage in anything to get them banned. Their account management also doesn't say anything of the sort. IMO the database screwed up and changed or altered their account details.

I'm not sure if many others are getting this issue but its quite frustrating. Thank you for any help.

Regards

Burk

There is nothing that anyone can do its just an issue with TRION and its damn annoying. I just advise everyone to call account support on Monday when they open again and sort the issue from there. I'm glad its not just my friends with this issue it means that there is a problem somewhere. Try everything I mentioned in the OP and see if it changes for you.

Also please keep this thread bumped, more recognition of this issue may help solve it faster.

Reimbursement of game time should be given to accounts with this issue if it continues much longer.

Also why don't they have people doing shift CSR work? it seems silly to not have a constant support center a few days after headstart release.
    So it seems that some people are able to get in fine while others have been banned for apparently being gold spammers, thanks a lot TRION.

This is ridiculous Trion, and totally unnacceptable on your behalf. You are obviously banning legittimate people from your game and we are only 4 days out of the gates. Absolutely pathetic. Mijjah is in my guild and she does not condone nor participate in ANY illegal actions in-game. HELL she only played up till 20.

The fact that WE have to provide proof that we arn't gold spammers is a downright load of ****ed up ****. Sorry to get abusive but this is NOT fair, in the SLIGHTEST. How about you provide evidence or a log that PROVES the locked accounts are gold spammers. If this evidence cannot be provided then obviously you have screwed up majorly.

Fix this issue, its total BS and your reporting/filtering system is totally unacceptable, if not downright wrong. Which compounds on the fact that these accounts have definitely not been spamming gold OR received ANY sort of notification that they were banned for such an action.

Gold spammers are never a part of the community typically, they just hack accounts steal gold and farm on their own accounts bought with stolen credit card details. Do you really expect a gold spammer to come onto the forums and complain about being banned and not able to access his/her account? If so TRION you are a bunch of thickheaded ............

Fix the issue. Or at least stop banning people without providing proof that they are in fact gold spammers. PFFF telling them to provide proof otherwise.... makes me sick.

^total rage but it just feels like we are being cheated.
    Last edited by burk; 02-28-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Telaran

I'm just gonna keep bumping this...

Bump, wtb reply please Trion
    Yes, this is a cult

Ascendant

We're still waitiing... for anything.

Telaran

bump.

Also why is Account Support not working through the weekend especially a few days after a release date.

A friend of mine is also having this same problem. He logged out, and 3 hours later when he tried to log back in this happened to him. He can't even log in the forums.

Soulwalker

Default help!

A friend of mine is also having this same problem. Please fix it before he enrages. This happened only after the patch..

Soulwalker

+1. This has occurred to my wife's account for some unknown reason. Filed support, yet to receive a response.

It appears that the trion worlds account has been disabled.

Soulwalker

Same thing just happened to me and I am flippin pissed. I was in a great group for DD all of a sudden bam game kicks me, when I go to log back in I get the error #2001 message. This is ridiculous.

Soulwalker

after 100 attempt was able to login now, maybe login severs were down?

Soulwalker

i got this problem to got 2001 error to when i try to loggin ...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Atall View Post
    after 100 attempt was able to login now, maybe login severs were down?
    did you do anything different? My friends tried logging in again but to no avail... Seriously annoyed right now.

As far as I know the login servers are fine as other guildies have been logging in and out all day. I still have this error and no reply from Trion as yet. The only thread I have found re this issue says to call customer support but their answerphone message says they are not available until Monday morning...sigh.
    Yes, this is a cult

If you have this error it may be advisable to stay logged into the forums, someone who has it now cant even log in here to get thread updates/technical help. Or no help, as is currently being offered by Trion on this issue
    Yes, this is a cult

Soulwalker

This is so well I do not have a word for it. Figures if I find a game I enjoy there would be **** like this that will cause problems. I have a idea, they should sell insurance for issues like these. either a yearly fee or a extra dollar or two a month to insure against these issues and to be reimbursed something when they do happen and its provable. No idea what they could give for reimbursement, maybe exp determined by a certain amount a hour or something. Either way it would keep them on their toes as far as making sure problems like this rarely happen as it would cut into that extra extra revenue they would make off people who took the coverage. Anyhow any update something? Anyone able to log back in successfully since getting this message or had any progress?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast