+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visuals messing up, game freezing and usually computer.

Plane Touched

Default Visuals messing up, game freezing and usually computer.

Adding another thread on this to the huge amount that's already there so TRION will hopefully take note.

Running a Geforce 8800 GTS. Played beta fine. Played for the last couple of days, fine.

Since that little 20mb odd patch an hour ago, my computer starts freaking out whenever I get near any effects that look too pretty. The main culprit seems to be the fires in that undead filled city in Freemarch. The textures completely warp to all kinds of crazy colours, before I get random symbols on the screen followed by death.

Facts:
    RIFT was working fine an hour ago.
    The last two times this happened was when I entered an area with a certain effect.
    Every other game I currently have installed is running fine, and comp is running as normal.

Whatever it is TRION keeps changing, it'd adding more and more people to the discarded pile.

Plane Touched

As an addition: The game now immediately dissolves into blogs of colour as soon as it gets past the loading screen. I assume because of the area I'm in being filled with firey-crashy particle effects from hell.

+ Reply to Thread