+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No sound - fixed!

Rift Disciple

Default No sound - fixed!

Many of you, like me, have been posting here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...86889-No-Sound

The nature of my problem was very similar to all of yours. I had sound during cut scenes but no sound otherwise. There were no gimmicks in my settings, sound worked fine in beta, etc. I have not had sound since the beginning of the head start.

FIX: Exit game, open up the patcher and select 'Recover.' This scanned my files for about 5 minutes and then proceeded to download 889 MB worth of fixed files. The whole process took about 15 minutes and I now have sound.

Hope this helps
    Galt - 50 Rogue

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by OneOverX View Post
    Many of you, like me, have been posting here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...86889-No-Sound

The nature of my problem was very similar to all of yours. I had sound during cut scenes but no sound otherwise. There were no gimmicks in my settings, sound worked fine in beta, etc. I have not had sound since the beginning of the head start.

FIX: Exit game, open up the patcher and select 'Recover.' This scanned my files for about 5 minutes and then proceeded to download 889 MB worth of fixed files. The whole process took about 15 minutes and I now have sound.

Hope this helps
    Thanks but I tried it and it did not help me. I still am not getting any sound that starts from my character, like if I buff myself I dont hear the spell go off, same with mining...there is no sound. I do hear faint music or when the NPC talks but it is very faint.

Fixed, I had a loose wire in the back
    Last edited by JFalk68; 02-26-2011 at 06:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread