+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For the love of baby Jesus, stop modifying the core download while I'm downloading.

Soulwalker

Default For the love of baby Jesus, stop modifying the core download while I'm downloading.

This is the third time I've been downloading the client and had to restart. Here is my catch, my internet in the boonies is my 50-100 KB/s cell phone. I have to go to work and pause the download and resume. I just sat here and watched it reach 8.28/8.32 gig, hiccup, patch the login program and start the GD 8.32GB download again. Had a smaller version of this earlier in the week, that only cost me 2 gig of download.

Don't modify the core game download with your patches, apply the patches after you've downloaded the fixed program to download. If I get close again and you throw another patch and modify the core program again, I will be done with the game and move on.

Soulwalker

Default a solution

I had the same problem but there is a trick!!!!

try this:

navigate to your rift's folder open the folder "Download"

In there there should be several folders called "STABLE.........." something. These are all your different downloads. and every time they update the game the patcher starts a new download.

Here is the trick, find the newest folder (by date modified or by size of folder). Copy the newest folder's name then use that name to rename your biggest downloaded folder. delete/ move the newest folder. Now your big folder from a previous version will have the latest name. Try the patcher again. This worked for me on 2 different computers. After it finishes downloading and installing you might have to click recover in the patcher before you click play.

Hope this helps!!
    Last edited by Kinn; 02-26-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Soulwalker

thank you on that, only have to do about a gig of download, but beats 8.3

+ Reply to Thread