+ Reply to Thread

Thread: did a search... but no luck in solving my problem.

Soulwalker

Default did a search... but no luck in solving my problem.

it's probably my bad, or the servers are down or something but anyways.
    i just finished downloading the client after a lengthy battle with the patcher, but when i hit the play button and the client starts, all i get to is a pretty wallpaper but absolutely no buttons or nothing clickable.
    i was wondering if that's because the servers are down atm or it's something related to the client itself?

Telaran

when you say a pretty wallpaper, is it like a sky background with a rift, but you can't see the normal rocks and other things that should be there? if so, try setting all of your graphics cards hardware forced settings to off (ie. leave everything application controlled).
    i'm 90% sure this is a texture filtering issue of some form, but i've yet to nail it down.

hope it helps!

Soulwalker

hey thanks for the reply.
    no, i see the login screen as it is supposed to look (the graphics are not damaged or anything), just there are no buttons or anything selectable so I can go on and select a server etc..

Telaran

wow, no idea then! haha. sorry i couldn't help.

Soulwalker

i tried a recovery but didn't help.. still no buttons or anything.

Shadowlander

hi. several of us are having this problem, so you're not alone. Here's the thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...reen-is-empty.

Soulwalker

no solution yet tho? it's quite weird, should be a very fixable issue.

Soulwalker

Did you uninstall the Rift Beta first, I have seen many problems related to this.

Shadowlander

I haven't found a fix yet, but I'm also having a video card driver issue that I need to fix first. (Basically, after tweaking setting in ATI's catalyst control center, and that not working, I updated my drivers and now the CCC won't open...so I can't try tweaking the settings on the latest version lol sigh). I'm in the middle of a fix for that and will try again when I get home from work.

However, I can say that I never played beta, so removing the old version was not an issue.
    I've tried recovery, didn't help.
    I've added everything Trion related to Kapersky's safe list, that helped with patching originally, didn't do anything for the graphic issue.
    I've tried tweaking the settings in the CCC as suggested here and via Trion's help page, and that helped get me from the original black screen with cursor only, to the wallpaper but no-buttons problem that is the problem we're all having now. But, like i said, I haven't been able to try the tweaked settings after installing the latest video card driver, so I'm out of ideas for the moment until I get the CCC issue fixed.

Soulwalker

oh the cata driver thing didnt work for you huh.. besides, it's only for ATI cards if im not mistaken, so it's not really a 'fix'.
    isn't there any tech support from trion btw?

Shadowlander

someone in the other thread mentioned sending a help request. I haven't yet since I'm still trying to fix the CCC issue.

I also figured that tech is probably swamped with all the other stuff going on, so I was hoping someone else here would figure it out first. This doesn't seem to be affecting a ton of people, so I think we may be on our own for awhile :/

Soulwalker

bump... still completely clueless...

+ Reply to Thread