+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crossfire Support - Still Broken

Soulwalker

Default Crossfire Support - Still Broken

Not fixed since beta - can you work with AMD and finally sort this out?

Win 7 64-bit
    6950x2
    Newer drivers

Crossfire scaling is only 50% and it breaks within a few minutes, going down to 0% scaling, even though GPU usage and 3D clocks are accurate.
    Last edited by Matrices; 02-24-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Soulwalker

Anything? Anyone solved this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Matrices View Post
    Anything? Anyone solved this problem?
    The funny thing is there has always been this huge divide among players some saying that cfx and sli are working in Rift and others saying it doesn't. I started a thread awhile ago to track user experiences, link below:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ormance-thread

um. I don't know, but I'm running a 5970 with an 3090t at stock speeds, everything maxed and getting 45-60+ FPS at all times. Good enough for me, especially after dealing with the nightmare that is FFXIV

Quote Originally Posted by Melonbob View Post
    um. I don't know, but I'm running a 5970 with an 3090t at stock speeds, everything maxed and getting 45-60+ FPS at all times. Good enough for me, especially after dealing with the nightmare that is FFXIV
    Is that at 1920*1080 with SSAA and full shadows?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SWTORlooksbad View Post
    The funny thing is there has always been this huge divide among players some saying that cfx and sli are working in Rift and others saying it doesn't. I started a thread awhile ago to track user experiences, link below:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ormance-thread
    Thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately, the 'solution' of switching to AFR mode is still crap. It makes the map blink permanently and, while the FPS stays constant, the scaling is abysmal, maybe 33%.

Surprised they haven't at least told us WTF is going on with this.

Yup. Everything on full. Yesterday I had to turn supersampling off cause I was dropping into the teens for FPS, but for some reason I cranked it up today and was fine.

and yes to 1920x1080 as well

Mellon clearly has operational cfx, I'd recommend getting with him if you do not. Mellon any advice for those not seeing a gain?

Crossfire is still broken.. I get a lower minimum FPS with crossfire on.. I made a huge post about this on the beta forums.

Still broken for me -.-, Xfire scaling drops to 0 after a few minutes of play and returns to normal after alt tabbing also FPS is very low for an I7 920 clocked to 4ghz, 6gb of ddr3 @ 2000mhz and x2 6950's.

I just hope this gets resolved soon as a hitchy play expierence usually involves me not bothering to play -.-

Download radeon pro if you haven't you can manually set AFR there for crossfire. This is said to solve the alt tab issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SWTORlooksbad View Post
    Download radeon pro if you haven't you can manually set AFR there for crossfire. This is said to solve the alt tab issue.
    Thanks il give that a go just now.

I would do those things but ive been in queue for over 6 hours and im afraid to log off. LOL

Can i do any of tese things without restarting my PC?

I really can't offer much help, cause I haven't even played with anything yet. Like I said, I'm running at stock speeds, newest catalyst driver, and thats all I did. I haven't even created a readeonpro profile or afterburner to actually check GPU usage. I figured if its cranked and I'm getting 40+FPS, don't mess with it. I spend weeks trying to get FFXIV running smooth, and its too aggreivating.

Noticed even during a rift today, with a thousand people whacking on this thing that wouldn't die, not choppiness, no lag, smooth as silk. I gotta give Trion kudos considering this is day 2 of a launch.

I will probably start up with my OC profile tomorrow with the cpu at 4.0ghz, and the 5970 at 900/1200 and see if its worth it, but honestly, I can't complain as it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast