+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crossfire problem.

Shadowlander

Default Crossfire problem.

I had a single 5770 during the beta, decided to upgrade to CF for the actual launch. Obviously I was very disappointed when I realised that I was only getting 5-10% gains. 11.2 Cats and Caps.

Did some research and it appears this problem was in beta too. Crossfire, sometimes - not saying for everyone - doesn't work in Rift.

This problem may lie with ATI, so I've posted to them as well as here. Are Trion aware some people are having this issue?

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Shadowlander

in the dev round table they said that was fixed, that's bad news.
    Guild Leader
    <Farm Status>
    Defiant
    PvE guild with PvP desires.
    (EST/CST will be the timezones of focus)

Soulwalker

Im having same issues with fps i have ati radeon hd 5750 and was considering crossfire after beta fps issues but wanted to see how RIFT was on launch and atm im having 10-20max fps and thats on low settings. I also have 11.2 updated driver and had pc looked at for overheating etc and nothing wrong as i also play wow and fps hits 80 on ultra setting. Would love to get this issue sorting as i do love playing RIFT but it is ruining my gametime

Shadowlander

WTF they said it was fixed? no, it is not. Still happens where after 3-5 minutes performance degrades to about 1/2 FPS. ALT+Tabbing out and back in restores it for another 3-5 minutes. I let ATI Know and posted it a lot on these forums, how is this not fixed yet?

Shadowlander

Confirmed here - it's NOT been fixed.

I've tested with CF disabled and enabled - same settings and location. I get an extra 3-4fps. If I alt-tab out and in, it jumps up to like 50fps, but if I move around a couple of seconds later it drops way down.

This could be an ATI issue, they may need to release new caps. But Trion should be made aware that they problem has not been fixed.

Shadowlander

Default Crossfire, Low FPS

I have the same iissue with crossfire enabled. my FPS drops to less than a half within 3-5 min of play time. Alt-Esc or changing one of the video settings(e.g. vsync on/off, AA enable/disable, etc) bring the fps up for another 3-5 mins, and so on! when I monitored my GPU cores usage: (core0,1,2,3 were at 42% of usage initially, then the usage for all 4 cores started to go up . After 3 mins, right after FPS dropped to almost half, the usage were up to 94%). nvidia updated their driver. i do not have any problems on my laptop with SLI enabled. I hope ATI and RIFT team fix the issue too. Also make sure to fill out ATI driver feeback (link below). The more feedback they get about this issue, therw is more chance that they fix it in theiir next crossfire profile update.

ATI Driver Feedback:
    http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D27E29B0E3
    Last edited by nojan76; 03-01-2011 at 03:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread