+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patching process not recovering.

Soulwalker

Default Patching process not recovering.

Overnight, my network connection timed out, and so this morning I hit recover, figuring it would work. It didn't.

I've tried numerous different things, and yet it still won't recognize the 4 gb of data I already downloaded. I know about the assets thing, and have tried the whole copy and paste trick. Hasn't worked as of yet.

Any help? Thank you in advance.

same with me, seems i lost 6gb and now looking like my download wont be ready for headstart

What do you see in your "Download" folder in RIFT?
    Last edited by Absolutez; 02-24-2011 at 06:12 AM.
    "Live By The Sword, Die By The Sword"

Soulwalker

Well, I have the two separate "STABLE" folders. I had already copied the assets from the one with more data to the other. Yet, for some reason, and I don't know if this helps, the one I copied the data to (the one that's supposed to be modified by the patcher) has less data in it, even though it should have the same...

just plucked this out from another thread...

Not it didn't. You are getting a version mismatch though, here is how to fix it. Go to your rift folder. Under downloads there should be 2 different folders. Open the first and confirm the assets folder is larger than the second. Delete the assets folder of the second download folder, and replace it with the first folder's asset folder. That will restore everything

Soulwalker

Just checked... some of the audio files have less data in them than the original asset folder. This is just a guess, but is the patcher deleting the data in the folder for some reason?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Murkevil View Post
    just plucked this out from another thread...

Not it didn't. You are getting a version mismatch though, here is how to fix it. Go to your rift folder. Under downloads there should be 2 different folders. Open the first and confirm the assets folder is larger than the second. Delete the assets folder of the second download folder, and replace it with the first folder's asset folder. That will restore everything
    I think I've already tried that, but another go can't hurt.

worked for me

+ Reply to Thread