+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem I'm having.

Soulwalker

Default Problem I'm having.

Hi,

Here's to hoping any of you can shed some light on an issue I'm having. I downloaded the entire release client, then restarted it and had to download another 900+mb update. Now when I start rift, I enter my username and password and it says "Patching complete!". I then click "play" and I get a "send error report" dialog box and Rift crashes.

Any clue as to what is going on?

Thanks for replies!

I'm having the same exact problem. On two computers.

I had the beta client on both - and uninstalled it making sure the beta directory was removed as well. No go.

I've installed new video cards however in both machines since the end of beta. Well, one I just swapped to the other and bought a new 570 for the other. But neither are working.

I suspect my 500 watt power supply however is not enough to run the 570 because after the music starts in Rift it reboots my whole machine, every time. The other computer just gives that error message you describe.

Anyone have an idea or can help?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    I'm having the same exact problem. On two computers.

I had the beta client on both - and uninstalled it making sure the beta directory was removed as well. No go.

I've installed new video cards however in both machines since the end of beta. Well, one I just swapped to the other and bought a new 570 for the other. But neither are working.

I suspect my 500 watt power supply however is not enough to run the 570 because after the music starts in Rift it reboots my whole machine, every time. The other computer just gives that error message you describe.

Anyone have an idea or can help?
    If the computer is restarting 9 times out of 10 it's the PSU.
    This is EVGA's requirements

Minimum of a 550 power supply.
    (Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 38 Amps.)

The Cooler master 550W extreme power and even the 600W don't have enough on the 12V rail
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Soulwalker

I solved it. I ran the "recover" utility and it scanned all the files in the rift directory and downloaded 200 more megabytes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I had run the recover last night and still had the problem. Just ran it again because it fixed it for you Ruzan, it fixed it for me too.

I swapped in an old geforce 7950 and it worked in place of the 570 So it's the power supply Just what I wanted to do this morning.

Forum Troll if you're still here, does this look adequate? And would it run in SLI (for the future) or would I need something even beefier?

Corsair - Gaming Series 700-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair+...73697&st=power supply&cp=1&lp=10

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    I had run the recover last night and still had the problem. Just ran it again because it fixed it for you Ruzan, it fixed it for me too.

I swapped in an old geforce 7950 and it worked in place of the 570 So it's the power supply Just what I wanted to do this morning.

Forum Troll if you're still here, does this look adequate? And would it run in SLI (for the future) or would I need something even beefier?

Corsair - Gaming Series 700-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply
    I'd get this one for about the same price.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-006-_-Product
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

+ Reply to Thread