+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIFT Patcher repeating download issues

Soulwalker

Exclamation RIFT Patcher repeating download issues

I am trying to download the RIFT Patch (the 8GB file) in chunks. I allowed it to download several GBs last night and then this morning. I started it back up this evening after the actual patcher needing a update itself and sadly i have to start at the very beginning. I am on a very low connection in a hotel and wish to start tomorrow evening for headstart and if my patcher does not remember where I last left off I fear i wont be able to sit down for 10hrs and let it full download any given time. Any guidance to this would be great!

Shadowlander

Seems like anyone who cancels the download has this problem. They updated the patcher today but didn't change the version of the game client to coincide.

Shadowlander

Seems the new patcher makes a new save folder. all the data you downloaded befor is still there on the HD, you just need to copy the bigger sized files for the downloads to where the smaller new one you started is at then restart the patcher and you wont have to download everything again

Soulwalker

Default I had the same problem

I encountered a similar problem which was easily fixed by going into the 'download' folder in the game files. The downloader (for some reason) is making a new folder for a new download instead of starting where the last one left off. All you need to do is copy the Assets folder from the oldest 'STABLE' folder into the latest one. Be sure to delete the assets folder from the newest 'STABLE' folder before copying the previously downloaded data in though. This worked perfectly for me.

Soulwalker

Thanks all this did work! And awesome with the quick replies!

So i did what you all said. I restarted my DL, only it doesnt make a new file, so i moved it. Restarted again, it makes the new folder. I deleted assets and put my other<5.2g> one in, it still says i need 8g to DL. How do i get it to recognize it ?

I even tried the recover option which does a file check, no help
    Last edited by CrazyBob; 02-23-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Scarlett <Legion>
    Mathosian Rogue
    Gnarlwood - Guardian
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 HK 1/10

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBob View Post
    So i did what you all said. I restarted my DL, only it doesnt make a new file, so i moved it. Restarted again, it makes the new folder. I deleted assets and put my other<5.2g> one in, it still says i need 8g to DL. How do i get it to recognize it ?
    I moved the assets folder to the root directory and hit recovery. It saved about 4 gigs of what I had, may save you some time downloading. The problem is that the patcher version and the game version don't match. Once the game patches it moves the assets to root anyway, so by doing this it should just patch what you need.

Soulwalker

edit: This is twice I've said something just to find the answer right after I post.
    Last edited by JFetch; 02-23-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhuinn View Post
    I moved the assets folder to the root directory and hit recovery. It saved about 4 gigs of what I had, may save you some time downloading. The problem is that the patcher version and the game version don't match. Once the game patches it moves the assets to root anyway, so by doing this it should just patch what you need.
    THANK U Qhuinn !! That did the trick.
    Scarlett <Legion>
    Mathosian Rogue
    Gnarlwood - Guardian
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 HK 1/10

Thumbs up Phew!

I am on limited bandwidth and this really saved me some trouble and a LOT of time! Thank you so much!

+ Reply to Thread