+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Network OperationTimed out. Please Check your Connection (Error # 1034)

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default Network OperationTimed out. Please Check your Connection (Error # 1034)

    Repeatedly getting this error as I try to download the game before head start tomorrow.

    Completely unacceptable.

    NEVER had a problem like this with the beta client.

    Now I start a download and it slowly dwindles down to no bandwidth and I get this error.

    Please fix ASAP.

    Shadomen

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadomen View Post
    Repeatedly getting this error as I try to download the game before head start tomorrow.

    Completely unacceptable.

    NEVER had a problem like this with the beta client.

    Now I start a download and it slowly dwindles down to no bandwidth and I get this error.

    Please fix ASAP.

    Shadomen
    I had this once the patch hit 8.04GB downloaded. My speed went from 150+kb/sec down to 0.1kb/sec. I just kept retrying over and over again and it finally went through. Perserverance is key!

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadomen View Post
    Repeatedly getting this error as I try to download the game before head start tomorrow.

    Completely unacceptable.

    NEVER had a problem like this with the beta client.

    Now I start a download and it slowly dwindles down to no bandwidth and I get this error.

    Please fix ASAP.

    Shadomen

    I was JUST having this error and had to add the rift patcher to my kapersky exclusions list to get it to work properly. Check your antivirus / firewall / internet security settings and see if you might be having the same issue I was. (the patcher apparently will not functioning if an antivirus is scanning the network traffic it transmits)

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    i just had this error a bit earlier, then my download started all over again when i hit update:/ i found this on another thread and worked for me , i'm downloading again where i left off. Try this below, might do the trick .

    I had this problem too. For some reason the patcher created a new download folder instead of resuming the old one. If you go to RIFT Game/Downloads and there are two different folders, copy the 'assets' from the older one to the newer one. Worked for me.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlanigan View Post
    I was JUST having this error and had to add the rift patcher to my kapersky exclusions list to get it to work properly. Check your antivirus / firewall / internet security settings and see if you might be having the same issue I was. (the patcher apparently will not functioning if an antivirus is scanning the network traffic it transmits)
    What do I add to the exclusion list?

    I have added:

    riftpatchlive.exe
    selfpatchlive.exe

    no change.

    Shadomen

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default ....

    Quote Originally Posted by shadomen View Post
    What do I add to the exclusion list?

    I have added:

    riftpatchlive.exe
    selfpatchlive.exe

    no change.

    Shadomen


    I turned Kapersky OFF and now it seems to be holding.

    /crosses fingers.

    Shadomen

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadomen View Post
    I turned Kapersky OFF and now it seems to be holding.

    /crosses fingers.

    Shadomen
    I added the entire Rift *Folder* to the exclusion list and told it to ignore "any" threats for the time being. But turning it off should do the trick as well!

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlanigan View Post
    I added the entire Rift *Folder* to the exclusion list and told it to ignore "any" threats for the time being. But turning it off should do the trick as well!
    I added the folder too but it still had the issue.

    lol

    Shadomen

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts