+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Network OperationTimed out. Please Check your Connection (Error # 1034)

Telaran

Default Network OperationTimed out. Please Check your Connection (Error # 1034)

Repeatedly getting this error as I try to download the game before head start tomorrow.

Completely unacceptable.

NEVER had a problem like this with the beta client.

Now I start a download and it slowly dwindles down to no bandwidth and I get this error.

Please fix ASAP.

Shadomen

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by shadomen View Post
    Repeatedly getting this error as I try to download the game before head start tomorrow.

Completely unacceptable.

Now I start a download and it slowly dwindles down to no bandwidth and I get this error.

Please fix ASAP.

Shadomen
    I had this once the patch hit 8.04GB downloaded. My speed went from 150+kb/sec down to 0.1kb/sec. I just kept retrying over and over again and it finally went through. Perserverance is key!

Shadowlander

Completely unacceptable.

Please fix ASAP.

Shadomen

I was JUST having this error and had to add the rift patcher to my kapersky exclusions list to get it to work properly. Check your antivirus / firewall / internet security settings and see if you might be having the same issue I was. (the patcher apparently will not functioning if an antivirus is scanning the network traffic it transmits)

Soulwalker

i just had this error a bit earlier, then my download started all over again when i hit update:/ i found this on another thread and worked for me , i'm downloading again where i left off. Try this below, might do the trick .

I had this problem too. For some reason the patcher created a new download folder instead of resuming the old one. If you go to RIFT Game/Downloads and there are two different folders, copy the 'assets' from the older one to the newer one. Worked for me.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlanigan View Post
    I was JUST having this error and had to add the rift patcher to my kapersky exclusions list to get it to work properly. Check your antivirus / firewall / internet security settings and see if you might be having the same issue I was. (the patcher apparently will not functioning if an antivirus is scanning the network traffic it transmits)
    What do I add to the exclusion list?

I have added:

riftpatchlive.exe
    selfpatchlive.exe

no change.

Shadomen

Telaran

Default ....

What do I add to the exclusion list?

I have added:

riftpatchlive.exe
    selfpatchlive.exe

no change.

Shadomen

I turned Kapersky OFF and now it seems to be holding.

/crosses fingers.

Shadomen

Shadowlander

I turned Kapersky OFF and now it seems to be holding.

/crosses fingers.

Shadomen
    I added the entire Rift *Folder* to the exclusion list and told it to ignore "any" threats for the time being. But turning it off should do the trick as well!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlanigan View Post
    I added the entire Rift *Folder* to the exclusion list and told it to ignore "any" threats for the time being. But turning it off should do the trick as well!
    I added the folder too but it still had the issue.

lol

Shadomen

+ Reply to Thread