+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: People that are having issue's

Shadowlander

Default People that are having issue's

I was just curious. Are the folks that are having issues downloading the game, did you have issues downloading the beta client? or are you the folks that havent downloaded beta and just the game? or both?
    Just curious, because i downloaded the beta client a few weeks ago with no worries, and am currently downloading the game..just want some heads up for what to expect in about an hour

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by MrPerfect View Post
    I was just curious. Are the folks that are having issues downloading the game, did you have issues downloading the beta client? or are you the folks that havent downloaded beta and just the game? or both?
    Just curious, because i downloaded the beta client a few weeks ago with no worries, and am currently downloading the game..just want some heads up for what to expect in about an hour
    i downloaded beta and head start client like 98% then my connection of the patcher not the whole net went to 0.0 kb/s and i didn't finnish downloading any of em ....
    Last edited by Luthari; 02-23-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Shadowlander

error #1034 check your network connections
    im getting it every 19mb download and its getting really annoying

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kalashi View Post
    lot ofpople sayin turning of antivirus and runs as administrator helps > it didn't for me

I manulally reclicked "update" every time it pops > so i went to 98% of a download and there ye go 0.0 kb/s ending up with this error > and reupdating it doesn't work anymore

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kalashi View Post
    I'm having the same problem, error 1034 every 20 seconds or so. Its getting really annoying, i want to set it to download and go do something else, not sit here for the next few hours and click update because of this error. Any idea how to fix it?

My ignorance about computers is huge. I'm happy though, because although my download took 15 hours it's gone fine and I'm ready for the early start.

I turned off my firewall and real time scanning (I have McAfee).

One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people who have had problems seem to be using Vista or Windows 7. My machine is on XP - I just wonder if that could have any bearing?

Anyway, I hope that everyone's problems are sorted out really quickly.

i get it downloaded all the way then says the new update isnt the same or something like that and error #1007

"Come on guys this game is going to fail for sure!"
    -An idiotic noob

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sheherezade View Post
    My ignorance about computers is huge. I'm happy though, because although my download took 15 hours it's gone fine and I'm ready for the early start.

One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people who have had problems seem to be using Vista or Windows 7. My machine is on XP - I just wonder if that could have any bearing?

15 hours!! wtf? I am going on 2 hours and its almost done (not bragging, i know jack about computers), just curious why 15 hours.

Shadowlander

Default dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by Sheherezade View Post

^^ im on win7 x64

started downloading at 9:15pm pacific last night
    didnt make any port changes on my router at all
    didnt disable my firewall
    didnt shut off my anti-virus (Avast!)

was already done when i woke up at 6:00am this morning

if i had issues, they were nothing that needed attention.
    Last edited by Zzyzxx; 02-23-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Shadowlander

Default not everyone is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by MrPerfect View Post
    15 hours!! wtf? I am going on 2 hours and its almost done (not bragging, i know jack about computers), just curious why 15 hours.

Not everyone can afford or even has access to 20+ Mbps fiber connections Mr. Perfect.
    Last edited by Zzyzxx; 02-23-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Soulwalker

I had issues downloading the beta client and now I'm having issues downloading the actual game. I'm running as admin (only account on my computer is my admin as I'm the only user & run as admin all the time) and even right clicked on the Rift icon & selected "run as admin" to prevent any issues it might cause not doing that in the first place. Still having issues.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer View Post
    I had issues downloading the beta client and now I'm having issues downloading the actual game. I'm running as admin (only account on my computer is my admin as I'm the only user & run as admin all the time) and even right clicked on the Rift icon & selected "run as admin" to prevent any issues it might cause not doing that in the first place. Still having issues.
    Have you disbled your antivirus for the duration of the download?
    Have you allowed permissions through your firewall?

Shadowlander

I'm downloading head start now at roughly 345-350 KB/s and have had no issues just that its going to take awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhankou View Post
    i get it downloaded all the way then says the new update isnt the same or something like that and error #1007
    you have to delete the beta off of your system first before downloading and patching the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhankou View Post
    same - the entire download happened without a hitch until the last second - then it claims my versions don't match.
    Beta was no problem. I am currently on my 3rd attempt - 3hours each...all day long.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast