Closed Thread
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Your external IP address has changed since you Authenticated.

Soulwalker

Default Your external IP address has changed since you Authenticated.

Currently using my Wi-Fi Hotspot from phone and am getting the message " Your External IP Address has changed since you authenticated. Please exit the game and re-enter user name and password". Have called up ISP in attempt to get DSL up again, but had hoped to be able to use hotspot until my internet comes back.

Is there any way to that I can lock my IP address so that i can play tommorow?

Quote Originally Posted by allias View Post
    Currently using my Wi-Fi Hotspot from phone and am getting the message " Your External IP Address has changed since you authenticated. Please exit the game and re-enter user name and password". Have called up ISP in attempt to get DSL up again, but had hoped to be able to use hotspot until my internet comes back.

No, cellular companies do not offer static ip's

You're not missing anything now, anyway not before tomorrow.
    "Live By The Sword, Die By The Sword"

Shadowlander

Default possible issue?

If they have a transparent proxy setup, it could be that the authentication shows up on one IP, and your actual game connection shows up on another, and it confuses the authentication. If the rift servers want to only see these actions from a single IP, it may impact your ability to play the game. Just a warning.

Soulwalker

I'm having the same issue. I don't have any other option but to use WiFi. I spent $60 on this game and I'm not going to be able to play due to this error?

Quote Originally Posted by allias View Post

Soulwalker

I have the same problem...TRION maybe tell something in this problem ?

Cyo
    Telaran

I had the same problem- I just turned off my phone then powered it back up. I was then able go get into the game. I hope this works for you as well.

General of Telara

What Wi-Fi Hotpost company are you using? There might be some way to bind to a specific IP address.
    Shard population charts and monitoring: http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/

Soulwalker

No it didn't work. I disconnected from the WiFi and reconnected and the error still came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyo View Post
    I had the same problem- I just turned off my phone then powered it back up. I was then able go get into the game. I hope this works for you as well.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Metalkicker View Post
    No it didn't work. I disconnected from the WiFi and reconnected and the error still came up.
    Without some changes from Trion this might be difficult. It sounds like your carrier is dynamically changing which IP address you connect from (probably a load distribution thing) and Rift is thinking it's some sort of security violation since your return-address (IP) keeps changing every request.
    Shard population charts and monitoring: http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/

Rift Disciple

Anyone figure out a way to work around this or are the people with changing IPs just not going to be able to play the game?

Shadowlander

I use my phone for my internet and it seems that thats where the prob lies... i did turn my phone on and off and it did work for me but im not saying this is a fix just something to try... and during beta i think i tried this and it did not work every time

Rift Disciple

Meanwhile the rest of us that don't play in just one location are screwed. That's great.

Soulwalker

Same issues here. At a hotel on business. Any other ideas?

Soulwalker

unless trion change their login system I dont see any solution
    I might quit this game

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast