+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Your external IP address has changed since you Authenticated.

Soulwalker

Getting the same error as you guys. Playing on a T Mobile 4G device. Hopefully the Devs have someone working on this right now.

Soulwalker

They rly needs to fix this,I cant use proxy 4ever?

Shadowlander

this issue was occurring throughout many of the beats Trion needs to get on this or at least address it in a post otherwise I am a very unhappy customer

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Geiwokoujiao View Post
    this issue was occurring throughout many of the beats Trion needs to get on this or at least address it in a post otherwise I am a very unhappy customer
    I know alot of people had these same issues in beta. Alot of the issue is how the client and server talk to one another to establish its you and not something trying to intrude into the system. The whole authentication though user id password /ip encoding is great in theory not in practicality.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by mercymizery View Post
    I know alot of people had these same issues in beta. Alot of the issue is how the client and server talk to one another to establish its you and not something trying to intrude into the system. The whole authentication though user id password /ip encoding is great in theory not in practicality.
    this still doesn't give me a viable means to fix the problem, are you saying that because i am connected to a larger network or computers i can't play the game? no where did i see Trion say you needed only 1 IP address to play Rift

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Geiwokoujiao View Post
    this still doesn't give me a viable means to fix the problem, are you saying that because i am connected to a larger network or computers i can't play the game? no where did i see Trion say you needed only 1 IP address to play Rift
    Same,I dont think they've ever mentioned that.

btw:geiwoqianwojiugeinikoujiao

Telaran

No i was stating the flaw in the design. THe solution would be to statically set your ip which if u go back a page i explained how. Also gave other avenues if its not here its n another thread and i pre apologies . Most isp's don't change your ip address every 5 mins. Considering the ip release renew request doesn't usually expire for a day or 2 at least.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by mercymizery View Post
    No i was stating the flaw in the design. THe solution would be to statically set your ip which if u go back a page i explained how. Also gave other avenues if its not here its n another thread and i pre apologies . Most isp's don't change your ip address every 5 mins. Considering the ip release renew request doesn't usually expire for a day or 2 at least.
    My ip change like every 30 mins,I think u have to stay the same ip for a certain amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraio View Post
    Same issues here. At a hotel on business. Any other ideas?
    It's only a problem if your IP is different between logging in to the patcher and connecting to the game. Playing from another location at a different time, your logging in again from that location, so no problem.

I had the same problem as OP but for a different reason, because I have dual WAN, in my case the solution was to bind all Trion Game/Authentication server IPs ranges to a single WAN. I doubt there is a solution for those using cellular networks, where it is probably due to them using proxy servers or doing their own load balancing across their internal networks, resulting in different IPs used for authentication (port 443) and the game server ports.

Only by dropping the IP check from their authentication, or instead allowing the client to re-authenticate through the game ports (prompting for username / password again - inside the client) if the IP has changed, will it work over these networks.
    Last edited by Mehuge; 02-24-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    (@Mods: why is my sig moderated?)

Soulwalker

OK so I tried "Run as Administrator" on the Rift Icon and it worked. Its probably a coincidence, but I kept trying to log in and it worked after the 4th attempt. Now I'm sitting in a 5 hour queue. I don't know if it will hold or not, but at least it let me log in. Not sure how or why, but now I'm in the masses of folks getting off from work trying to log in.

Guess I can kiss my character's name goodbye. I'll have to think of something else besides "Creampuff".

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mehuge View Post
    It's only a problem if your IP is different between logging in to the patcher and connecting to the game. Playing from another location at a different time, your logging in again from that location, so no problem.

I had the same problem as OP but for a different reason, because I have dual WAN, in my case the solution was to bind all Trion Game/Authentication server IPs ranges to a single WAN. I doubt there is a solution for those using cellular networks, where it is probably due to them using proxy servers or doing their own load balancing across their internal networks, resulting in different IPs used for authentication (port 443) and the game server ports.

Only by dropping the IP check from their authentication, or instead allowing the client to re-authenticate through the game ports (prompting for username / password again - inside the client) if the IP has changed, will it work over these networks.

When you say: "It's only a problem if your IP is different between logging in to the patcher and connecting to the game."

Do you mean I only need to maintain the same IP when I download the client and the patches? Or just when I download the patches?

Also can I change my IP after the download is complete?

Aside from setting up a proxy server is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by showtime1101 View Post
    Same,I dont think they've ever mentioned that.

btw:geiwoqianwojiugeinikoujiao
    niyaoduoshaoqianba?

Soulwalker

I have the same problem at work. Could play from home just fine.
    Made a ticket for this, hopefully they have a solution.

Soulwalker

sadly I dont think proxy is the way to go since after I d/cd I cant get back on due to the same issue

Telaran

Honestly its really only a issue with the client/patcher after you have installed it patched it u could play at home in game if ur isp changes it its not going to dc u.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast