+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Your external IP address has changed since you Authenticated.

Soulwalker

yea , Trion give access to play to all players who pay .. no only that who pay and have one IP ..
    My net have changed ip and i cant play.. i loose my money if TRION dont fix this issue.

Soulwalker

I am having the same issue. I'm using a Sprint wireless hotspot. Is there any way to make this IP static?

I'm in an off-campus student housing complex with 252 rooms of wifi, so, yeah, same issue. To be honest, I just decided to be stubborn and kept relogging. Eventually (try 4-5?) it let me in. Now 1077 in queue...but the servers are apparently going down in like moments soooo...XD

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Weyard View Post
    I'm in an off-campus student housing complex with 252 rooms of wifi, so, yeah, same issue. To be honest, I just decided to be stubborn and kept relogging. Eventually (try 4-5?) it let me in. Now 1077 in queue...but the servers are apparently going down in like moments soooo...XD
    Maybe for an Authentication fix? /hope.

That'd be cool if that were it! That or Trion's distributing helmets to us all so we can bash our heads on the desk in relative safety.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Weyard View Post
    only 4~5?
    Dude Ive been trying for like 4 hrs

Telaran

Have you tried to bind though a proxy server? Theres quite a few out that that allow you to game though and since there ip addresses are pretty static you may have hope.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by mercymizery View Post
    Have you tried to bind though a proxy server? Theres quite a few out that that allow you to game though and since there ip addresses are pretty static you may have hope.
    dont know how to do that...Can u tell me?

Not the best of idea's Trion. I play on my laptop also and as in IT engineer move from location to location and completely different networks/providers quite often and in a short frame of time.

I'd prefer you let me worry about protecting my account and just let me play.
    You can be a mature player and still have fun , you can not like 733t/spammer types and still not take everything too serious. Wanting to play without idiots named "pwnsauce" spamming chat about WoW is not that outlandish.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by showtime1101 View Post
    dont know how to do that...Can u tell me?
    I'm also interested in this possibility. A short primer would be greatly appreciated.

Telaran

google free paroxy servers find ones that are close in your area. You may have trial and error on em..

Go into your control panel click internet options goto connections goto lan settings click on lan settings check mart use proxy server. type in the ip address and the port number of the paroxy server click bypass paroxy for local addresses so it doesn't filter local area traffic though a a wan and back to your lan. click advanced fil in for http secure ftp and socks if needed. You can also filer it at the bottom add *.local;192.*

last number can change that should keep it from sending local area data to the proxy then back to your other machines.

if you are running only one router in your house u can prob omit the ;192.* I put that in for people running multi routers with pc's on diffrent subnets
    Last edited by mercymizery; 02-24-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by mercymizery View Post
    google free paroxy servers find ones that are close in your area. You may have trial and error on em..

Go into your control panel click internet options goto connections goto lan settings click on lan settings check mart use proxy server. type in the ip address and the port number of the paroxy server click bypass paroxy for local addresses so it doesn't filter local area traffic though a a wan and back to your lan. click advanced fil in for http secure ftp and socks if needed. You can also filer it at the bottom add *.local;192.*

last number can change that should keep it from sending local area data to the proxy then back to your other machines.

if you are running only one router in your house u can prob omit the ;192.* I put that in for people running multi routers with pc's on diffrent subnets
    does it affect all the connection?Im using a proxy software that automatically set those up for me but idk if that only affects web surf...

Telaran

it effects all web.

the other alterntive is log into your router

usualy open web browser.

192.xxx.x.x

admin

password

most people dont change that.

there should be a router status and wan link that will tell you what your external dns server is and ip address is write that down

then set the wan which is your internet dont confuse that with local internet which starts at the 192 which is a private address

and manually enter in that info it should keep your ip address from cahngeing as your router will always request the same ip even if they load shift there servers..

dont forget to save

example is this

will ask for user id and password

admin

password is password

should have a basic setup some do some dont

will ask does your isp require login yes no yes is usually for people with pppoe point of presence over eathernet
    will say yes or not normally is set to no

it should read off some info to u on the page what its current dns servers are sub nets and the ip address your router has

the check box will be at automatically configure by DHCP/ISP

Second option should be Manual or Static check that and renter the info that u got from Dynamically set by DHCP / ISP

type that info in and hit save you will prob loose Internet for up to 30 seconds or so cause your router saves the info.

That should 100 percent keep your ip from changing . Unless your Isp is really bad.
    Last edited by mercymizery; 02-24-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Soulwalker

Well I did log in after I log in like 4~5 times.
    Hope it's the solution/....

Soulwalker

Default same here

I was so looking forward to playing tonight, but I'm getting the same error playing from my apartment internet connection. It's not wireless, but they must be doing some fancy load balancing or something that changes IP's. idk.

Funny that a couple of other games work, but not rift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast