+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Live Client Installation location

Default Live Client Installation location

Not pleased by being forced to name the folder "RIFT Game". I know it's a game. I'm the only one that uses this computer. It's unnecessary to force people to name a folder a certain way unless you're dealing with incompetent programmers (which we have all seen, you are clearly not).

(And I see your terribad forums don't allow images in the Technical section. How are people supposed to show you problems? You like taking the extra time to click links, go to other websites where images are hosted, and wait for them to load and display there?)
    Don't waste your time replying to me directly in a post.

These forums are garbage and no threads can be subscribed to properly since 2010.

Thumbs down

Oh, and since it wouldn't allow "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rift\", which it forces to become "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rift\Rift game\", removing the "Rift" bit makes the installation location "C:\Program Files (x86\Rift Game\Rift Game\".

The entire installation has to be canceled and restarted.

Fail...
    Last edited by Stormbow; 02-23-2011 at 09:26 AM.

These forums are garbage and no threads can be subscribed to properly since 2010.

Yeah, yeah, it's "petty". But some people don't like or trust applications that force things like this on their machine. I am not the only one.

+ Reply to Thread