+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DL speeds down to 0.00 Kbp/s???

Telaran

Default DL speeds down to 0.00 Kbp/s???

first I should point out that I'm one of the unlucky ones that not matter what I do to my ports, firewall blah blah blah, I get terrible DL speeds from trion. yay for me .... but having managed to live thru the beta DL a month ago I was prepared for another terrible slow DL from them.

the new glitch is pretty weird though. My DL speeds will randomly take a nose dive straight to 0.00 Kbp/s ... hold for a second the. work it's way back to the terrible max of 160 kpb/s ... now the 160 is the fastest I've ever gotten from trion (beta or live) but the drops to 0 are new. Anyone seein this?

Telaran

bumpity bump

What kind of isp? cable? dsl? What is the speeds you pay for?

Connected by wire or wireless?

Not enough info to help

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by dhols7 View Post
    bumpity bump
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...lara-Community!
    No thread bumps please.

just thought i would point you to it.

as far as the actual issue. you are likely behind a router (ports need forwarding), have an antivirus/firewall running, or your isp is blocking traffic.

ports to forward are 6520-6540 TCP
    try adding rift to your program exceptions or trusted programs. you could also temporarily shutdown the antivirus program.

try this

Code:
    start
    run
    cmd

ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    exit
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Telaran

ISP is DSL at 20mbp/s ... was tested 3 different times by 2 different programs (avg like 19mbp/s DL speeds) ... wired connection

I'm sure this is something on grooms side as they admitted something was wrong when the beta DL was going so slow. This was just something new and I was wondering if anyone else saw the same weird DL actions.

For this being sure an amazing game, they sure could have made this DL process ALOT nicer. Why not set up a few different DL sites ... like file planet or those types of things??

big fail .. hope they don't lose a ton of people that don't know-how good the game is on the other side of this disastrous DL fiasco ...

ISP is DSL at 20mbp/s ... was tested 3 different times by 2 different programs (avg like 19mbp/s DL speeds) ... wired connection

I'm sure this is something on grooms side as they admitted something was wrong when the beta DL was going so slow. This was just something new and I was wondering if anyone else saw the same weird DL actions.

For this being sure an amazing game, they sure could have made this DL process ALOT nicer. Why not set up a few different DL sites ... like file planet or those types of things??

big fail .. hope they don't lose a ton of people that don't know-how good the game is on the other side of this disastrous DL fiasco ...
    Big fail because you are having a system or isp issue? How much easier could they have made it? You donwload 1 file, click it, and let it go.

If it was such a "fiasco" there would be many others with this issue, not just a few

Telaran

awesome ... after DL almost 1gb in 3 hrs I tried your line of code ther bud and you have successfully restarted my entire DL. I appreciate your attempt but the results frankly blow goat balls .... another 15 hrs yay ... **** me ...

Shadowlander

Just finished dl/ing at 700 kbps, so it's not their servers. I'm in CA, so it's not like I'm close to their server in TX or anything. Try what heavy meatal suggested and then completely disable your firewall when trying to dl the game. It has to be something on your end.

awesome ... after DL almost 1gb in 3 hrs I tried your line of code ther bud and you have successfully restarted my entire DL. I appreciate your attempt but the results frankly blow goat balls .... another 15 hrs yay ... **** me ...
    flushing dns and release/renewing the network adapter wont do that. You have other issues my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    Big fail because you are having a system or isp issue? How much easier could they have made it? You donwload 1 file, click it, and let it go.

If it was such a "fiasco" there would be many others with this issue, not just a few
    i was going to say nearly the same thing but you beat me to it

lot of ppl downloading it just fine, myself included. this suggests that the network problem may not be trion but may in fact be the user or the user's isp. it could even be as we have discovered in the past a regional issue where ppl taking a certain network pathway are getting poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    flushing dns and release/renewing the network adapter wont do that. You have other issues my friend.
    yes as he says you have other issues. have you considered maybe the reason it keeps setting things back is because the patcher is detecting errors? the patcher has built in error detection.

Telaran

thanks thattomguy ... your very helpful and informative reply made me realize that I'm actuay not frustrated at all ... I'm actuay thrilled!!! thanks fir stopping by and boosting your post count on my behalf. /sarcasm

I'm frustrated guys. As are MANY other contrary to what thattomguy says, I'm not alone it seems. If I come across as angry that is why. I haven't threatened "OMG I QUITERZ" or any of that so please keep your condescending remarks ...

hope to see all that are having these issues in game and happy lol

mine was averaging 2Mbs/sec took no time.. Not trying to rub it in just showing its not thier end

Telaran

I've tried all the above methods for remedy to no avail. The only other conclusion is the ISP putting the brakes on my DL, which they'll never confess to, so I guess I'm stuck with this. And no I haven't gotten any errors at all. Just awful slothlike speeds

thanks thattomguy ... your very helpful and informative reply made me realize that I'm actuay not frustrated at all ... I'm actuay thrilled!!! thanks fir stopping by and boosting your post count on my behalf. /sarcasm

I'm frustrated guys. As are MANY other contrary to what thattomguy says, I'm not alone it seems. If I come across as angry that is why. I haven't threatened "OMG I QUITERZ" or any of that so please keep your condescending remarks ...

hope to see all that are having these issues in game and happy lol
    I understand you are frustrated. If you view recent posts by me you will see me helping in many threads. Some with technical issues, some with trying to keep peoples attitudes in check.

When i said you had other issues, it was no way an attack on you or "boosting my post count" as ive worked with computers for going on my 24th year now. Im 36 if you were curious. The reason i said other issues, is because in fact those commands will not cause that to happen.

Now, if you would like to provide other info, i would be more than happy to help you, but if you wish to attack me, i also have the choice of just choosing not to reply to your posts even if i know the answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast