+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Messed up Patcher.

Rift Disciple

Default Messed up Patcher.

I don't know if it's just me or what but I have left my patcher on all night to download. It keeps getting disconnected with some error but that's not the problem. I can deal with some errors and disconnects but every freaking time it has this error it actually sets my amount downloaded further back each time. When I started downloading I had over 1g and 400mb done. I get this error and it sends me back to 956mb, does it again later in the morning and I am back at 590mb. Am I the only one with this issue?

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by BaronCaldrad View Post
    I don't know if it's just me or what but I have left my patcher on all night to download. It keeps getting disconnected with some error but that's not the problem. I can deal with some errors and disconnects but every freaking time it has this error it actually sets my amount downloaded further back each time. When I started downloading I had over 1g and 400mb done. I get this error and it sends me back to 956mb, does it again later in the morning and I am back at 590mb. Am I the only one with this issue?
    maybe.
    make sure you are hitting the recover button and not the update button.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Rift Disciple

Yeah, just started using Recover but still not helping really. I listened to Trion about uninstalling the beta client and still this problem persist. Being a wireless connection this will take quite awhile.

For what its worth i'm getting basically the same thing. Random 1034 errors talking about the connection timing out but i'm pretty sure its not connection related on my end. Antivirus is already turned off and the file is added to the list of acceptable stuff on the windows firewall. Anytime it times out when i start the patcher again it always wants to download the full 8 gig patch regardless of how much progress i had before (this is happening using both the update button and the recovery button). Already running it "as administrator" and im basically at a loss, i could punch a baby right about now and feel good about it.

Everything is just smooth on my end. I am using a BSA 1MB connection (100kbps), I started to download RIFT before 12 hour and I still have 13 hours to go, but didn't have any single problem or interruption.

If I were you, I would ask a friend or a relative to download it for me then copy it to an external hard disk especially being on a wireless connection while having errors.
    "Live By The Sword, Die By The Sword"

Rift Disciple

I'd love to just see my timer go from 18 hours to 10 hours and see my files that I have downloaded magically appear but I think that's hoping for too much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vooo View Post
    For what its worth i'm getting basically the same thing. Random 1034 errors talking about the connection timing out but i'm pretty sure its not connection related on my end. Antivirus is already turned off and the file is added to the list of acceptable stuff on the windows firewall. Anytime it times out when i start the patcher again it always wants to download the full 8 gig patch regardless of how much progress i had before (this is happening using both the update button and the recovery button). Already running it "as administrator" and im basically at a loss, i could punch a baby right about now and feel good about it.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ty-Look-inside!

Rift Disciple

I turned off my firewall not long ago so I'm hoping that'll fix some of the problems. As for finding a friend or relative, that's not a option for me. All my friends live far away and no relatives, wish that was a option though. I don't mind having to download through Thursday unlike a lot of people I would just like to be able to download this game without having to babysit it all day.

Not using Kapersky, thx for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronCaldrad View Post
    I turned off my firewall not long ago so I'm hoping that'll fix some of the problems. As for finding a friend or relative, that's not a option for me. All my friends live far away and no relatives, wish that was a option though. I don't mind having to download through Thursday unlike a lot of people I would just like to be able to download this game without having to babysit it all day.
    okay my friend...if that's the case, tell us more about your errors, and will try to resolve them

Rift Disciple

Well last night like I said I was about 1g 400mb and then I went to sleep. Woke up to see I had a error that said something along the lines of "Network time out error" wish I could remember what the rest said. Anyways I didn't think nothing of it as problems do happen. I did forget to hit the recovery button that was my fault. I started the update again and saw I had only downloaded or so it told me was at 949mb. About a hour later I had the same error and once again I forgot to hit recovery and this time I had only downloaded a total of 550mb....needless to say I was quite mad lol.

That's about as much as I can tell you on my problems. I haven't had a problem yet so i'm hoping things might have cleared out. I used to Selfpatchlive file in the Rift folders and it updated something before I could patch so here's hoping for a fix.

The problems seems more like your wireless connection. Having the error of "Network time out" is related to the fact that you're not being able to reach RIFT's download server.

I advice you to disable your antivirus and turn off your firewall meanwhile, and I hope it goes smooth with you. If that didn't help, maybe you should start thinking about getting a wireless antenna to give you a better receiving internet service. Maybe your connection is dropping for a few seconds.

Rift Disciple

Yeah I have considered that to be possible and also that the patch servers are cluttered so could be a issue as well. But yeah I have taken the steps of doing everything to reach my connection speed maximum performance and today it has been running awesome so hopefully it stays that way. I just wish I could have kept all that date that got downloaded earlier lol.

+ Reply to Thread