+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Able to play on highest settings?

Default Able to play on highest settings?

I've just ordered a new PC, but I'm wondering if I'll be able to play on the highest settings with it.

Specs are:

Asus 1156 Motherboard S/L
    Intel Core 15-760 processor
    4 GB RAM
    KFA2 GTS 250 1GB graphics card
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    650W Modular PSU 80+ Dual 12v v2.2

Thanks for any help.
    Sometimes, the stuff on TV is that boring and crap that I feel like sitting ontop of it and watching the couch instead.

It's difficult to say exactly what your FPS will be, but I can list my system specs and tell you what kina FPS I've come across:

Intel i7 950 cpu
    (2) GTX 460s with 1GB memory, in SLI
    6GB RAM
    Win 7

I peak at 80FPS with NO AA enabled and that super high lighting option disabled. With special lighting enabled and 1st AA enabled, I drop to about 50FPS. With special lighting and highest level of AA enabled (there are only two now, there used to be a few more), I drop to about 30FPS.

This is all with respect to heaving rifting activity. All other graphics settings seem to have little or no affect on FPS. Hope this helps.

-dd

With a GTS250 no you won't be able to play with the highest settings. Medium maybe - if you keep AA and shadows off. It is only GDDR3.

The GTX580, currently the fastest single GPU in the world, just scrapes by with highest settings, 1080p, full AA and shadows (40-60fps depending on location).

Did you order this from craigslist or something? If somebody told you this was a "new" computer - it isn't. It's all very dated. I sincerely hope you did not pay more than $450 for it, it's so sad seeing people get scammed
    Last edited by Forum Troll; 02-23-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

You will def be able to play the game at higher settings. It really depends on what resolution you are going to be playing at. If your going to be playing at 1920x1200 then no you will not be able to run the game on ultra settings. That GTS 250 will not be able to handle that load. I was running 2 GTX 275's in SLI mode on Ultra at 1920x1200 and was getting fps in the 30's with some drops to the mid teens at times. I upgraded to and EVGA GTX 580 and it brought the fps up to my V-sync max of 60 fps with some drops into the 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Troll View Post
    With a GTS250 no you won't be able to play with the highest settings. Medium maybe - if you keep AA and shadows off.

The GTX580, currently the fastest single GPU in the world, just scrapes by with highest settings, 1080p, full AA and shadows (40-60fps depending on location).
    ^ Pretty much spot on. I would say the its between the GTX 580 and the ATI 6950. Nvidia seems to always have some stable drivers which is why I prefer them over ATI...but sometimes that price ATI offers is to good to turn down. Seems like there latest driver release really helped some guys with FPS in Rift.

You can prob get by with AA turned to Edge Smoothing and maybe shadows on low. Both GPU companies will optimize there drivers towards Rift as time goes on as well as the Trion guys optimizing the game even further.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Code:
    Summary
            Operating System
                MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
            CPU
                AMD Phenom II X4 945    48 C
                Deneb 45nm Technology
            RAM
                10.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 480MHz (6-6-6-18)
            Motherboard
                Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA785GM-US2H (Socket AM2)
            Graphics
                VX2235wm @ 1680x1050
                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465
            Hard Drives
                352GB Seagate ST3360320AS ATA Device (SATA)    36 C
                352GB Seagate ST3360320AS ATA Device (SATA)    35 C
                977GB Western Digital WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1 ATA Device (SATA)    33 C
            Optical Drives
                HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH10L ATA Device
    with mine i get typically 30-40fps at ultra+supersampling AA. without supersampling AA i get maybe 10-15fps higher. shadows are completely off as they suck down fps when used with AA.

i expect you, to get to medium/high settings.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 02-23-2011 at 09:17 AM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Shadowlander

Default hard to benchmark

Its hard to accurately benchmark your fps for this game overally because there are too many variable with player counts, rifting, cities...etc as with many other mmos.

Right now I'm running a phenomIIx4 955 @ 3.2 with an HD 5850 1GB and Im still not satisfied with my performance. At least in Rifts and PvP.

I'd say playing on High settings (not ultra) with env. shadows and aa edge smothing on I drop as low as 15frps in heavy rifting/pvp situations....20-30 in the city courtyard (Meridian)...40 inside....and I range from 35-60 in open areas with few players. Im planning on running another 5850 as I have crossfire capabilities, hopefully I can keep my minimum fps at 30 and run near or max settings. This game is one tough cookie when it comes to hardware...

+ Reply to Thread