+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What RIFT Client is Supposed to Be

Soulwalker

Default What RIFT Client is Supposed to Be

Okay, so just for clarification, I've dealt with some installing errors, but finally as of several minutes ago I have a "patch successful" message.

I can start the game, get the logo, etc. etc.

There's a loading screen, loads to about 91% (there's a girl in the background) to get the "you are not authorized" message.

Is that the standard for everyone else? Like, everyone who has completed everything successfully SHOULD get that as well, right?

The game servers aren't open so you shouldn't be able to log into anything once you've downloaded the new patcher/client so yes, that's correct.
    *I am not a smurf*

Einherjar
    Blightweald - Guardians

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by stawp View Post
    Okay, so just for clarification, I've dealt with some installing errors, but finally as of several minutes ago I have a "patch successful" message.

I can start the game, get the logo, etc. etc.

There's a loading screen, loads to about 91% (there's a girl in the background) to get the "you are not authorized" message.

Is that the standard for everyone else? Like, everyone who has completed everything successfully SHOULD get that as well, right?
    That's what I am getting. It does minimize also after the logo screen, then when I click it I get the 91% "you are not authorized" message.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadiva View Post
    The game servers aren't open so you shouldn't be able to log into anything once you've downloaded the new patcher/client so yes, that's correct.
    In beta, the servers weren't up but you could still load the game. The "you are not authorized" is new also.

I'm not too worried about it yet, but if it's like that when the servers go live I might just go Postal.

EVERYONE is NOT AUTHORIZED to play untill 10am PST TOMORROW 2/24

caps only for emphasis

So this not authorized thing is with everyone. I think they should put it to FAQ also, I was getting worried.

Quote Originally Posted by janarick View Post
    So this not authorized thing is with everyone. I think they should put it to FAQ also, I was getting worried.
    Put what in the FAQ? That if you try to connect before headstart opens it wont?

Thats like calling wallmarts corporate office to ask why the store isnt open at 4am when the sign says opens at 7am
    Last edited by ThatTomGuy; 02-23-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Soulwalker

I think everyone understands that the servers are not open, just making sure that everything else I described in OP was in line with everyone else. That is, the not being able to see a server list, the 91%, etc.

In beta, one was still able to the server list (albeit greyed out) or at least get the unaurthorized message when hitting "play" on the client instead of the current state of events.

As long as everyone is at the level I am, I don't think I should be worried. The "patch successful" message was the best relief.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    Put what in the FAQ? That if you try to connect before headstart opens it wont?

Thats like calling wallmarts corporate office to ask why the store isnt open at 4am when the sign says opens at 7am
    No, that's like trying to park in Walmart's parking lot at 4 am, but someone stops you and tell you that you can't start parking until the store opens at 7 am.

I would just like to adjust my game settings before tomorrow and confirm that I will be able to play in the head start (I'm one of those people who got a hard copy game with absolutely no indication on my account that they acknowledge I've preordered). Obviously I'm not expecting to be able to start making my toon or anything.

Thanks for confirming that this is happening to everyone (Unless none of you preordered through Trion...). I'm slightly less worried now.

i preordered through trion and get the same msg. so all is well with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    EVERYONE is NOT AUTHORIZED to play untill 10am PST TOMORROW 2/24

caps only for emphasis
    what about the ones that was playing in alpha, can you still log in from that client or do you have to uninstall that one as well and DL the one from the main site?

"Come on guys this game is going to fail for sure!"
    -An idiotic noob

+ Reply to Thread