+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Error 1007: Repeated Downloads FAIL - Need Official Tech Response Please

Default Error 1007: Repeated Downloads FAIL - Need Official Tech Response Please

Error 1007: Repeated Downloads FAIL - Need Official Tech Response Please

Following your instructions, I uninstalled RIFT BETA, and started my download last evening after it was available.

The first download, installed the new patcher. That was flawless.

My second download was 8.0+ GB, taking 4 hours to accomplish. When this download finished, it gave me the error 1007.

I attempted a RECOVER, and patcher then restarted the entire game download. I am flabbergasted that the patcher finds it necessary to redownload the ENTIRE game. Why does it not find corrupt files or missing files and just download those files?

After the RECOVER attempt, I AGAIN get the ERROR 1007. Now it tells me the version on my machine does not match the latest version. How is this possible?

I would be HAPPY to zip up my riftpatch.X text documents and send them to tech support, because honestly, this is the most frustrating download of any game I have ever experienced, bar none.

Please give the community some kind of official response to this error and a work around solution. I did not pre-order the game for Head Start, to spend the entire 4 days playing battle with the patcher and downloads.

Thanks in advance for your response and apologies for my frustrated tone.

Another topic about this already m8, your not alone.

Shadowlander

ye man this is the moment of truth download > i have never ever experience so many troubles with downloading stuff > ever - and the most frustrating thing is that you need to have it for a particular time to be satisfied from product
    Last edited by Luthari; 02-23-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Rift Disciple

I really wish Trion would post something to let us know this just isn't certain people having this problem and they know it's their patcher messing up.

Telaran

imagine getting the same errors after DLing for 15 hours ... that must suck. OH WAIT!! that's what happened me!! so count yourself lucky your only wasting 4 hrs at a time and not entire days like some of us.

and no its not my router ports, ISP, firewall or anything else I. my control ... been thru that ... sry dude. Hope we all get this done before head start begins tomorrow ...

Even something, like "we are working on the issue" would be welcome... but complete silence is unacceptable.

And actually, Trion is not handling the downloads. They have a partner provider doing that. Maybe we need to hit up the provider and yell there.

Bump.. having this problem as well :/

Would one of you having this error please copy/paste the log file into the thread please? It will contain more info than just the error number

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    Would one of you having this error please copy/paste the log file into the thread please? It will contain more info than just the error number
    There are no .log files there are only riftpatch.# files 1-10. If you open these files up, some are quite large. But I can tell you that these very same files in my Alpha downloads have no errors, and all files were verified.

That is not the case with the Rift Live patches. They are loaded with data errors, and mismatched file sizes. Some files were truncated as well. I don't want to open these up as I have another 3 GB to download in my LASTEST download attempt. Once that is complete, I'll return to this thread and try to give some summaries/examples of the errors inside these files.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabalah View Post
    There are no .log files there are only riftpatch.# files 1-10. If you open these files up, some are quite large. But I can tell you that these very same files in my Alpha downloads have no errors, and all files were verified.

That is not the case with the Rift Live patches. They are loaded with data errors, and mismatched file sizes. Some files were truncated as well. I don't want to open these up as I have another 3 GB to download in my LASTEST download attempt. Once that is complete, I'll return to this thread and try to give some summaries/examples of the errors inside these files.
    Thats the files i was asking for, specifically the tail end where it shows the connections and the resulting error.

Summaries wont help. Please post the tail ends where it shows the error as requested, otherwise any help is PURELY speculation. Just like going to the doctor, if you say it hurts, and they ask where it hurts, if you say "umm i dunno" they cant fix it....
    Last edited by ThatTomGuy; 02-23-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    Thats the files i was asking for, specifically the tail end where it shows the connections and the resulting error.

Summaries wont help. Please post the tail ends where it shows the error as requested, otherwise any help is PURELY speculation. Just like going to the doctor, if you say it hurts, and they ask where it hurts, if you say "umm i dunno" they cant fix it....
    OK, when I am done downloading, I'll post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabalah View Post
    OK, when I am done downloading, I'll post them.
    if it completes, no need to beyond maybe helping others with a similar issue

Soulwalker

Had the same problem, decided to retry for the fourth time this morning.

Completed the (big) download, #1007.

Recover files.

Another download, this time maybe only 1.3 gigs, 1007 again at the end.

Another download, this time only about 380Mb or so, but when completed I got the "patch successful" message.

So maybe just ignore it and try and try again?

Quote Originally Posted by stawp View Post
    Had the same problem, decided to retry for the fourth time this morning.

Completed the (big) download, #1007.

Recover files.

Another download, this time maybe only 1.3 gigs, 1007 again at the end.

Another download, this time only about 380Mb or so, but when completed I got the "patch successful" message.

So maybe just ignore it and try and try again?
    Or maybe post the log files so we can get a better look at the problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast