+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pak viewer

Rift Disciple

Default Pak viewer

Any1 know of a Pak viewer that works with Rift, Pakscape wont open them.

Quote Originally Posted by MaFi0s0 View Post
    Any1 know of a Pak viewer that works with Rift, Pakscape wont open them.
    i wouldnt try to open game files in a 3rd party viewer

thats like the first rule about fight club. you dont talk about fight club (dont tell the cops your gonna rob a bank, just like ya dont wanna say on the official forums what you said lol)
    Last edited by ThatTomGuy; 02-23-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Rift Disciple

I cant see what is wrong with it.

I cant see what is wrong with it.
    Pretty sure messing with (or ripping files out of the PAK archives) violates the TOS for Rift.
    CPU: i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz MB: ASUS Rampage III Extreme RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance Video: 2 x EVGA 670 FTW's in SLI HD: Crucial M4 256GB SSD LCD: Shimian 2560x1440

Rift Disciple

No only modifying the game client not the Pak content which is just media, and Pakscape is a viewer not modifier anyhow.
    Last edited by MaFi0s0; 02-23-2011 at 07:46 AM.

No only modifying the game client not the Pak content which is just media, and Pakscape is a viewer not modifier anyhow.
    Yeah, good luck with that argument.

Trion owns the rights to all the files needed to play Rift, they get to decide how you use them, not you.
    CPU: i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz MB: ASUS Rampage III Extreme RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance Video: 2 x EVGA 670 FTW's in SLI HD: Crucial M4 256GB SSD LCD: Shimian 2560x1440

Rift Disciple

Thats a given though, its the same with all games and software these days most notibly your operating system, its just there to stop botting and cheats, copyright etc.
    Last edited by MaFi0s0; 02-23-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Thats a given though, its the same with all games and software these days most notibly your operating system, its just there to stop botting and cheats, copyright etc.
    Right, but asking right on their own pages how to hack their own files open is just asking to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by BKR2879 View Post
    Right, but asking right on their own pages how to hack their own files open is just asking to be banned.
    You spelled it out for them more than i did.

Rift Disciple

I am asking to view the media files not hack anything, I have read the ToS and it is practically identical to WoWs ToS.
    People still mod WoW and its media, I am not here to argue the semantics of the ToS.

I am asking to view the media files not hack anything, I have read the ToS and it is practically identical to WoWs ToS.
    People still mod WoW and its media, I am not here to argue the semantics of the ToS.
    people dont mod wow media, they point it to a file with no sound to change annoying sounds.

if they wanted you ripping the media, why does the collectors edition come with media like you want seperate?

Rift Disciple

In WoW to have it point to a file you need to view the .pak like files to find the file name of the file you want to replace.
    I have an addon for WoW which changes the gun sounds of the hunter, yes all it does is point the game to a different file.

I dont understand what you are getting at or your 2nd paragraph?

I am asking to view the media files not hack anything
    I'm sure if you were to just extract the files for your own personal use nobody could or would do anything about it. However, "hacking" game content like this will always be associated with attempts at copyright circumvention and you will never get an answer for how to do it out of anyone on the official forums.

Rift Disciple

Again not hacking, and by your logic nobody should be uploading videos to youtube etc with footage of rift.
    I do not want this thread to turn into a case of what is right or wrong, by previous examples(WoW) of what I am asking for there is nothing wrong with what I am wanting to do in the same way there is nothing wrong with frapsing the game and uploading it to youtube.

I want to know how to view the .pak files of this game for non commercial reasons and not to modify the client or gain any unfair advantage etc etc.
    Last edited by MaFi0s0; 02-23-2011 at 08:09 AM.

In WoW to have it point to a file you need to view the .pak like files to find the file name of the file you want to replace.
    I have an addon for WoW which changes the gun sounds of the hunter, yes all it does is point the game to a different file.

I dont understand what you are getting at or your 2nd paragraph?
    Wow CS will give the file name that it points to if asked politely since they have stated they have no problems with that. Thats wow, not rift. Would ask someone in rift CS first

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast