+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't spend $1000. this works fine!

Default Don't spend $1000. this works fine!

This is an out of the box $350 systen at best buy with a $79 graphics card. It is a slim model so have to order from Newegg to get the card. Still, I run WoW on Ultra and Rift on High settings with NO lag.

System Manufacturer: eMachines
    System Model: EL1352
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GT 430
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC1
    Display Memory: 2785 MB
    Monitor Id: SAM043F
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
    Output Type: DVI

Quote Originally Posted by Reddjr View Post
    This is an out of the box $350 systen at best buy with a $79 graphics card. It is a slim model so have to order from Newegg to get the card. Still, I run WoW on Ultra and Rift on High settings with NO lag.

System Manufacturer: eMachines
    System Model: EL1352
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GT 430
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC1
    Display Memory: 2785 MB
    Monitor Id: SAM043F
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    I tend not to believe that with the specs of that card. Only 96 cuda cores and a crippled memory interface (256 is non crippled, its how they make "budget" cards)

GPU Engine Specs:
    CUDA Cores 96
    Graphics Clock (MHz) 700 MHz
    Processor Clock (MHz) 1400 MHz
    Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 11.2
    Memory Specs:
    Memory Clock (MHz) 800 - 900 (DDR3)
    Standard Memory Config 1 GB DDR3
    Memory Interface Width 128-bit
    Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 25.6 - 28.8

Sid
    Plane Touched

define High settings with "No Lag".. If your claiming a constant 60FPS i'd love to see screenshots.
    HW: DD Water Box | i7 920 D0 @ 4.1GHz 1.294v | EVGA x58 SLI LE | OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600 | HD 6870 CrossFireX 980/1150 | 9800GT Eco Hybrid Physx | Vertex 2 SSD | Ultra X-3 1,000w psu | Win7 x64

WC: Apogee XT WB | EK-FC6870 x2 | Black Ice Xtreme II D12SH-12 pull | MCP355 XSPC Acetal Top | PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2" x 3/4" | Fluid XP Phantom Black

Rift Disciple

Screw screenshots, let's see some Fraps. I highly doubt you're able to run better than I am with a "budget" card. And running WoW on Ultra isn't anything special. For the most part WoW has a cartoony low polygon look to it. The only real squeezes on your computer may be having distance, shadows, water.

Me thinks the OP can't back up this claim

High in this game is actually medium, renamed to make people with momputers feel better. It's the reason we have to say "beyond ultra" or "higher than ultra" because even ultra isn't as high as the settings go. That GPU is also only GDDR3.

I also assume you have AA and shadows off, and don't mind when your e-machines PSU fries your system in a year or so. Just google emachines psu.
    Last edited by Forum Troll; 02-23-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

I think this thread is a satire of all the "you don't need to upgrade that 6 year old processor it will run rift fine" posts you see out there when someone says their getting low fps and people try to help them by pointing out their system is outdated.

I did the exact same thing....bought a hp and just upgraded my vid card...but since my vid card was so high (GT 460 or something) i had to buy thermaltake (cooling thingy) came out real cheap....ran on ultra 35 - 55 fps

Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, I'll mention that the games load balancing reportedly works fairly well for lower end and older machines. However, for newer and higher end CPU/GPU combinations there appears to be a need for more work.

Shadowlander

NO.

It's eMachine, don't touch that crap with a 10mile long pole, unless you want to being replacing parts 3 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Troll View Post
    High in this game is actually medium, renamed to make people with momputers feel better. It's the reason we have to say "beyond ultra" or "higher than ultra" because even ultra isn't as high as the settings go. That GPU is also only GDDR3.

I also assume you have AA and shadows off, and don't mind when your e-machines PSU fries your system in a year or so. Just google emachines psu.
    Probably AA,AF, and shadows. And when did they start lasting a year before the PSU cooked the MOBO? I thought the average was 8 months.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

just no..unless you mean 5fps
    Lead To Set An Example...
    "If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow."

I doubt it will run on high in Rift, hell WoW on Ultra takes a toll on systems now. On your system, no way.
    The 430 is designed for basic/HTPC, not for gaming.

You have to spend money to play games with all the eye candy, that is the point.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

+ Reply to Thread