+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transferring client to another pc?

Telaran

Default Transferring client to another pc?

Basically getting a new gaming laptop in a week. Downloaded the client on my old one. Can i just copy the whole rift folder onto cd and then copy to my new laptop once it arrives and it will work?
    'A mind without purpose will walk in dark places' - Gideon Ravenor

You are a Keyboard Warrior....

Quote Originally Posted by RavenorUK View Post
    Basically getting a new gaming laptop in a week. Downloaded the client on my old one. Can i just copy the whole rift folder onto cd and then copy to my new laptop once it arrives and it will work?
    In theory yes as long as it doesnt require registry entries created on install. I have not tried this myself however

Soulwalker

Doing this as we speak.

As a safety precaution I would recommend that you first start the download process and allow the download to beging. A few minutes after the download has started, cancel the update. Open the folder that has been created and then copy the files from your old machine. Run the patcher again.

Soulwalker

Seeing I'm currently not at home I can't get the speed I would wish during download. I would however already like to prepare the download on my home pc and then copy over the files to this laptop and participate in the headstart.

Also I did the pre-order via steam. I'm quite interested if I can just download the installer from their site and also use that downloaded version in my steam... or will this require a new download all together?

8GiB via a 40kb/s dsl line is no fun at all

+ Reply to Thread