+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple accounts under one sign-in? (Family wanting to play together)

Default Multiple accounts under one sign-in? (Family wanting to play together)

Okay, we've got 3 of us wanting to play here. We all have separate accounts from the beta. One of us (me) has pre-ordered, the other two are going to be pre-ordered once I figure out the answer to this question.

Can I have multiple Rift accounts under one Trion account? If it's possible, can they all be signed in at the same time?

If not, will it be possible later to transfer characters between our accounts - and if so, what are the limitations on that (ie: the accounts have to have the same last name, or the same address, or be billed to the same credit card)?

Reasoning: I like to level up toons, and later I might get tired of a character or just want a new character slot available so I'll xfer a toon over to my son's account. Or I'll level up a toon for my hubby on my account and then xfer it to his. We've run into problems on other games where we couldn't do this because the 3 accounts didn't all have the same first and last name. I want to avoid that from the get-go here.

Telaran

I'd assume the names have to be the same. Most MMO's are built that way in the security features

Quote Originally Posted by Druanna View Post
    Okay, we've got 3 of us wanting to play here. We all have separate accounts from the beta. One of us (me) has pre-ordered, the other two are going to be pre-ordered once I figure out the answer to this question.

Can I have multiple Rift accounts under one Trion account? If it's possible, can they all be signed in at the same time?

If not, will it be possible later to transfer characters between our accounts - and if so, what are the limitations on that (ie: the accounts have to have the same last name, or the same address, or be billed to the same credit card)?

Reasoning: I like to level up toons, and later I might get tired of a character or just want a new character slot available so I'll xfer a toon over to my son's account. Or I'll level up a toon for my hubby on my account and then xfer it to his. We've run into problems on other games where we couldn't do this because the 3 accounts didn't all have the same first and last name. I want to avoid that from the get-go here.
    I dont think there is any info about character transfers, at least currently. Unknown if you can log in multiples like a battlenet account (sorry for the wow example)

Can I have multiple Rift accounts under one Trion account?
    I never seen this before and I don't think it's possible, at least for the moment.

Will it be possible later to transfer characters between our accounts?
    I doubt it personally, but to get an accurate answer, I guess you have to contact Trion.
    "Live By The Sword, Die By The Sword"

Lol, no worries about the battle.net example - it's entirely appropriate
    I did look over the ToS and whatnot and so far there's no info about character transfer, but I'm sure it'll come up sometime in the future so I'm just trying to plan ahead for all possible scenarios. Once you get a toon to max level and get some nice achievements, special goodies like mounts or pets on it, etc, you don't just want to delete it... moving it to a different account that you own is the best option.

I think I probably will have to go with making all 3 accounts have the same first and last names, just to be sure - hubby and son will just have to put up with having my first name on there. ;)

Lol, no worries about the battle.net example - it's entirely appropriate
    I did look over the ToS and whatnot and so far there's no info about character transfer, but I'm sure it'll come up sometime in the future so I'm just trying to plan ahead for all possible scenarios. Once you get a toon to max level and get some nice achievements, special goodies like mounts or pets on it, etc, you don't just want to delete it... moving it to a different account that you own is the best option.

I think I probably will have to go with making all 3 accounts have the same first and last names, just to be sure - hubby and son will just have to put up with having my first name on there. ;)
    Thats the safest thing to do, should it be a feature in the future. Meaning both for multiple accounts and for transfers should either be implemented.

Rift Team

No, a Rift account is the same thing as a Trion account. You cannot play Rift on two computers with the same Trion account at the same time.

Sorry, we haven't announced anything regarding character transfer (except that it doesn't exist right now).

Thanks Aahz!

I'll put the same name on all three accounts just in case it's implemented in the future.

Edit:
    Crap. Never mind. Can't create new accounts going to my email addy, you can only use an email addy once. Also can't go back in to hubby's and son's accounts and change their names to mine. (You can change everything else, but not the name.)
    Should have thought of all this while we were making our beta accounts I guess...

I'll just hope against hope that having the same billing address and credit card will be enough if it ever comes to that.
    Last edited by Druanna; 02-23-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks Aahz!

I'll put the same name on all three accounts just in case it's implemented in the future.

Edit:
    Crap. Never mind. Can't create new accounts going to my email addy, you can only use an email addy once. Also can't go back in to hubby's and son's accounts and change their names to mine. (You can change everything else, but not the name.)
    Should have thought of all this while we were making our beta accounts I guess...

I'll just hope against hope that having the same billing address and credit card will be enough if it ever comes to that.
    Why not ditch the two beta accounts and create two new accounts under your name with new email addresses, the beta accounts have not been upgraded to full yet so they are really nothing important.

+ Reply to Thread