+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We were unable to complete your purchase of RIFT

Soulwalker

Default We were unable to complete your purchase of RIFT

i did create a account - was after few tries able to get the normal version for 49.
    now i did try to upgrade it to collector edition for 10.

after purchase i get a message that the order was placed and that i will get informed by email.

2 hours later getting the email
    We were unable to complete your purchase of RIFT, order #*******. Please try your order again.

when i try for my wife to create a new account i get the same.

any1 able to purchase a digital colector's edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Toggy View Post
    i did create a account - was after few tries able to get the normal version for 49.
    now i did try to upgrade it to collector edition for 10.

after purchase i get a message that the order was placed and that i will get informed by email.

2 hours later getting the email
    We were unable to complete your purchase of RIFT, order #*******. Please try your order again.

when i try for my wife to create a new account i get the same.

any1 able to purchase a digital colector's edition?
    What payment method are you using? Paypal, credit card, debit card (yes there is a difference between debit and credit).

Is your billing address matching exactly?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    What payment method are you using? Paypal, credit card, debit card (yes there is a difference between debit and credit).

Is your billing address matching exactly?
    i use Mastercard and creditcard worked for buy the "normal edition" .
    i furthermore did add the paypal-payment-version with the same success.

i use Mastercard and creditcard worked for buy the "normal edition" .
    i furthermore did add the paypal-payment-version with the same success.
    is it only the upgrade to CE thats not working? Im not aware of a way to upgrade an already purchased standard edition to CE. Is this thru trion's site or a game company or?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    is it only the upgrade to CE thats not working? Im not aware of a way to upgrade an already purchased standard edition to CE. Is this thru trion's site or a game company or?
    well - i need 2 accounts - one for me and one for my wife.

first try was yesterday evening. did try to upgrade our beta-accounts. there i got a mistake-msg on the homepage and have to try later.

this morning (European time) i did try again and after some tries my account upgrade to normal edition did work. on my wife's account it does not work.

now i get the same issue with the update of my account as i have for buy new account of my wife.

Is this a steam issue ?!? I remember I had this same issue last year with a creditcard. Turns out I wrote the name and firstname on the site viceversa,

well - i need 2 accounts - one for me and one for my wife.

first try was yesterday evening. did try to upgrade our beta-accounts. there i got a mistake-msg on the homepage and have to try later.

this morning (European time) i did try again and after some tries my account upgrade to normal edition did work. on my wife's account it does not work.

now i get the same issue with the update of my account as i have for buy new account of my wife.
    You didnt answer where you are trying to purchase from. Trion? Steam? D2D (direct2drive)?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Is this a steam issue ?!? I remember I had this same issue last year with a creditcard. Turns out I wrote the name and firstname on the site viceversa,
    I've done something similar before. By leaving out my initial in my middle name. Which is on my cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    I've done something similar before. By leaving out my initial in my middle name. Which is on my cc.
    Mine likes to be picky where i put my apartment number. Some like it on line 2, some like it plastered at the end of line 1 lol

Soulwalker

Default Angry non customer ?????????????????????????? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Im getting the same damn thing got it 5 times this morning then tried later in morning and got sucseeded - will will give your code and items when there ready ?????

Then logged back on now like 4 hours later the games been removed from my account in RIFT website management and also got an e-mail saying its been canceld.

Believe me i have the money and i 10th checked the details to make sure i inputted card details properly as paypal just refused full stop to accept .

Im not purchasing till they ring me and explain whats going on, im going to check my bank they better have not taken 75+ quid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    Im getting the same damn thing got it 5 times this morning then tried later in morning and got sucseeded - will will give your code and items when there ready ?????

Then logged back on now like 4 hours later the games been removed from my account in RIFT website management and also got an e-mail saying its been canceld.

Believe me i have the money and i 10th checked the details to make sure i inputted card details properly as paypal just refused full stop to accept .

Im not purchasing till they ring me and explain whats going on, im going to check my bank they better have not taken 75+ quid.
    if you tried 5 times, have you checked to make sure you dont have 5 holds on your account? If it wasnt a debit card, disregard

Soulwalker

lol No is simple awnser. i now have 5 e-mails saying cannot process they simply just dont want my money

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    lol No is simple awnser. i now have 5 e-mails saying cannot process they simply just dont want my money
    Have you contacted your bank to see if they are blocking it? For a while Bank of America was blocking WoW purchases due to the amount of fraud. Banks can and do this at times. If they say they aren't, ask them if they can see a transaction attempt even. If they say no to that, then the request isnt being sent from wherever you are purchasing it from (might just be a temporary thing if the servers are under heavy load)

It might be that your bank's site/processing software is down for maintenance - mine went down at 2am - which i didnt realise until AFTER I tried to buy and I got the 'cannot complete etc etc' message. I checked the bank's site - waited until the downtime was over then put the details in again and voila; it went through. I forget sometimes that not everyone keeps the same crazy hours I do. I haven't had an email yet from Trion but they've taken the money now as I checked with bank to make sure I hadnt paid twice and the Rift account is showing the purchase as well.

Soulwalker

Just checked Natwest [ UK bank ] all is up and running, im sure you can tell i want to play tommorow im like a 30 year old kid who wants his toy as hes fed up of getting boxer shorts and socks.

Paypal
    Visa

both of the above are generating the same thing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast