+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: No game code applied for pre-ordered CE

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default No game code applied for pre-ordered CE

    Reading the various FAQs and forum postings, I see that if we ordered the game directly from the Trion website, then a gamecode will be automagically applied to our accounts. Cool, understood.

    I go to my account page, click on the tab "Apply Code" tab, and get the message:

    "No codes have been applied to your account."


    When will the code be applied to my account? Or am I missing something?

  2. #2
    Soulwalker Qinari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I ordered directly also. the code was applied automatically immediately on purchase as I recall. As you said, you don't need to apply anything. Just do the download and patch like you normally would.

    To verify, it does say you get the rune, mount, etc. right?
    Last edited by Qinari; 02-23-2011 at 04:43 AM.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I also pre ordered thru Trion, I have no game code applied. I was able to download the client but when I try to patch I get error code 2002 not authorized to play. Are they making us wait until tomorrow to download the game and patch?

  4. #4
    Ascendant ThatTomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlove View Post
    I also pre ordered thru Trion, I have no game code applied. I was able to download the client but when I try to patch I get error code 2002 not authorized to play. Are they making us wait until tomorrow to download the game and patch?
    no, patch data is currently available as of about 10 hours ago. Mines all patched and ready to go.

    Did you uninstall the beta client first?

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Yes, on the tab "Manage Games" I do have all the pre-order and CE perks listed.

    I guess I just want to ensure that all the ducks are in a row before tomorrow. Seeing no game code(s) listed has me concerned.

    Oh, and I've been able to d/l the release version just fine.

  6. #6
    Ascendant ThatTomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Yes, on the tab "Manage Games" I do have all the pre-order and CE perks listed.

    I guess I just want to ensure that all the ducks are in a row before tomorrow. Seeing no game code(s) listed has me concerned.

    Oh, and I've been able to d/l the release version just fine.
    You are all set and ready to go then

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    You are all set and ready to go then
    Jup, if you have pre-ordered from Trion no codes will be needed to be put in at all.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker MyrcilFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Yeah, I pre-ordered directly through Trion and had this very same question. I wish they would just put all of our minds at ease and say something on our account page that the code has been automatically applied.

    I've done everything in the order that they asked....uninstalled beta, downloaded client, patched all 8GB. If at 10am PST tomorrow I can't get in, I won't be a happy customer.
    Who could ever calculate the path of a molecule?
    How do we know that the creation of worlds are not determined by falling grains of sand?
    ~ Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyrcilFP View Post
    Yeah, I pre-ordered directly through Trion and had this very same question. I wish they would just put all of our minds at ease and say something on our account page that the code has been automatically applied.

    I've done everything in the order that they asked....uninstalled beta, downloaded client, patched all 8GB. If at 10am PST tomorrow I can't get in, I won't be a happy customer.
    Thanks everyone for your replies. Let's hope everything is silky smooth at 10am PT tomorrow! Hey, there's a 1st time for everything.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker MyrcilFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Has anyone seen a formal response to this issue? I know I've looked like crazy. Or better yet, has anyone who ordered directly through Trion had their account page indicate anything to the effect that a code is unnecessary?
    Who could ever calculate the path of a molecule?
    How do we know that the creation of worlds are not determined by falling grains of sand?
    ~ Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

  11. #11
    Ascendant ThatTomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyrcilFP View Post
    Has anyone seen a formal response to this issue? I know I've looked like crazy. Or better yet, has anyone who ordered directly through Trion had their account page indicate anything to the effect that a code is unnecessary?
    from: http://www.riftgame.com/en/headstart/faq.php

    second section

    How do I get into Head Start?

    Pre-order RIFT! All customers who pre-order RIFT from participating retailers will have access to Head Start. The retailer you pre-ordered from will provide a code to apply to your Trion Worlds account that grants access to Head Start. If you purchased the game directly from Trion Worlds, the code is automatically applied to your account.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple narwhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I preordered through Trion and I've downloaded and patched the game client, but I'm getting a "you are not authorized to play the game" message on the loading screen after I hit play.
    Last edited by narwhal; 02-23-2011 at 01:22 PM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple narwhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by narwhal View Post
    I preordered through Trion and I've downloaded and patched the game client, but I'm getting a "you are not authorized to play the game" message on the loading screen after I hit play.
    bump

    Is anyone else having this problem? Will my account be authorized by the time the servers are up tomorrow?

  14. #14
    Shadowlander Arlican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest (USA)
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by narwhal View Post
    I preordered through Trion and I've downloaded and patched the game client, but I'm getting a "you are not authorized to play the game" message on the loading screen after I hit play.
    * Edited because I"m an idiot who lost track of the date.
    Last edited by Arlican; 02-23-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Golden Rule #2: Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker MyrcilFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default

    @ThatTomGuy: I appreciate you taking the time to respond and try to put my mind at ease, but I had already read that section of the FAQ...here is why I am not comfortable yet...

    I go to my Trion account page and click on the "Apply Code" link on the left and I get the following:

    Codes applied to your account

    No codes have been applied to your account.
    Clicking on the Manage games link on the left brings me to a page that lists all my account entitlements, all the goodies you'd expect for pre-ordering, but the bottom three lines on that page contains the following:

    Status: Inactive

    Time remaining: 30 Days

    Thirty (30) day game time included with purchase for new accounts begins upon entry of product registration code.
    So, like I've said in my previous post, I'm going on the assumption that everything is fine and that I'll be able to log in and setup my characters along with everyone else at 10am PST tomorrow. If not, I'll be on the phone to customer support.
    Who could ever calculate the path of a molecule?
    How do we know that the creation of worlds are not determined by falling grains of sand?
    ~ Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts