+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Error #1012. I'VE HAD IT!!!

Shadowlander

Angry Error #1012. I'VE HAD IT!!!

I realise that the beta had a few installation bugs, and some were more popular than others, such as mine which apparently was not happening to anyone but me. However, I got an invite to the beta after sending a message for my invite, explaining that I would give as accurate feedback as possible on all things which would require it. Despite my beta invite, I couldn't get into the beta due to this error! 1012# I would post a picture of it, but I don't have a URL for it.

I asked on the beta forums about how I could get passed it, and noticed that some other people also asked that same question, yet I saw no responses. I understand that there are some bigger issues with errors, but I find it frustrating that this one has now come up when I attempt to update the full game. Is this error now here because the game will not be playable until the 24th for those who pre-ordered it? All I intended to do is update the game so that I could be ready or thursday, but it won't let me. If I find out that I pre-ordered the collector's edition of a game that I can't play because no one will take the time to look at an error which is giving multiple people problems... well, let's just say I won't think much of Rift.

I understand that forum mods are very busy people and can't possibly take the time to view and solve every problem in the blink of an eye, but after seeing all the posts I did, during beta, and now to find that the problem persists into the full game gets me rather rattled. Chances are no one will read this and apply a response, but I thought I'd leave it here on the off chance that someone can stop me from potentially wasting my money and a lot of time on something that is either 'unfixable' if you will, or requires me to buy some sort of additional software or computer equipment, frankly that's something I really really don't think I should have to do, since I've uninstalled WoW, along with various other things to play this game.

Thank yuo for your time, any suggested way of resolving the problem will be very much appreciated.

Prophet of Telara

If you are still using the downlod from Beta, that's your issue. You need to uninsatll it and download the headstart launcher and final version of Rift... it is not the same one you used for Beta.
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Rift Disciple

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...575-Error-1012

i also think to be approachable you need to change your attitude first, you are oozing an air that people want to ignore.

hope it helps.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by curiositykilledthecat View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...575-Error-1012

i also think to be approachable you need to change your attitude first, you are oozing an air that people want to ignore.

hope it helps.
    seriously ..help the guy or ****. his attitude is fine and understandable.

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you put a ticket in with Trion??

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Krul View Post
    no doubt !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krul View Post
    He did help, he gave a link with some possible fixes.

We dont tolerate the "****" wow type attitude around here.

Also, **** is so much more helpful than the link he posted, right?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    We dont tolerate the "****" wow type attitude around here.
    So, tell me, why is "****" a "wow type attitude"? You bashing WoW, and the people that play it, is just as pretentious as those thinking that WoW is the best thing ever.

You ever think that, maybe, it's not a "wow type attitude" but just a regular, some people are ***** a-hats attitude?

Get off your high horse about WoW already.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcnelis View Post
    So, tell me, why is "****" a "wow type attitude"? You bashing WoW, and the people that play it, is just as pretentious as those thinking that WoW is the best thing ever.

You ever think that, maybe, it's not a "wow type attitude" but just a regular, some people are ***** a-hats attitude?

Get off your high horse about WoW already.
    I play wow also. Also everquest on occasion, and a few others. It's most prevalent in wow.

Let me rephrase for you then. The whole **** attitude in itself wont be tolerated

also, your post is not helpful nor constructive in any manner in relation to the OP's question.

any more questions?
    Last edited by ThatTomGuy; 02-23-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Brashir View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but have you put a ticket in with Trion??
    I did that during beta phase 5, no response to date. One of the many reasons I'm rattled about the situation.

RIFT Guide Writer Sinfullysweet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarneeyofBladefist View Post
    I did that during beta phase 5, no response to date. One of the many reasons I'm rattled about the situation.
    Sorry to hear that you have not gotten a response back yet =(

If you don't mind me asking, could help a ton, can you list everything that you have done in an attempt to get past that error? There is another poster that is having the same issue. Maybe if you list everything that you have tried, it can narrow it down to what has not been tried.

Just trying to help.

Sinfullysweet of Grievance on Wolfsbane
    PLAY ~*~Twitter ~*~ Raptr ~*~ Sinfullysweet's Steam ~*~ Sin's Xbox Profile
    WorldofWardrobes.net is no longer available due to hosting issues *RIP*.

Barneey, could you please copy/paste some of the patcher log files into here please?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfullysweet View Post
    Sorry to hear that you have not gotten a response back yet =(

If you don't mind me asking, could help a ton, can you list everything that you have done in an attempt to get past that error? There is another poster that is having the same issue. Maybe if you list everything that you have tried, it can narrow it down to what has not been tried.

Just trying to help.
    Well, I tried uninstalling the beta client and putting all the weirdly named files into one place, running it as an administrator, ensuring that the proxy stuff is off, not having the internet loaded up when patching, saving it to different places which were suggested didn't work. Naturally the first thing I did when I got the error was "Wait a few minutes" They should probably not have said that in the error, since waiting hasn't seemed to help anyone. I tried saving it to an external harddrive, didn't work. I tried running it on North American servers and Europe ones, and none of that helped at all.

if you got any other method, I'll glady try it. Thanks for your time.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    Barneey, could you please copy/paste some of the patcher log files into here please?
    Patcher logs? I'm 16, I have nooo idea what Patcher logs are. If you describe the location of them I could try looking.

Uninstall Beta. Go to Rift main page. Click head start link and download game. Install and wait until tomorrow to play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast