+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do I uninstall the Beta Client?

  1. #1
    Ascendant Vihar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,949

    Default How do I uninstall the Beta Client?

    I can find the patcher only, but not the actual Beta game.

    The Uninstaller on the Beta Patcher specifically says the Patcher.

    Is that all I need to do?
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

  2. #2
    Ascendant Vihar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Found it;

    http://trionworlds.custhelp.com/app/...detail/a_id/51

    How to Uninstall RIFT
    Published 09/27/2010 09:44 AM | Updated 02/17/2011 08:49 AM
    How do I uninstall RIFT?
    RIFT can be uninstalled the same way that most other applications are uninstalled through any version of Windows. You can uninstall the game by entering Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs (Windows Vista and 7) in the Control Panel. In the list of available programs to uninstall, look for the entry titled RIFT BETA Patcher and choose Uninstall.

    Once it has finished uninstalling, you should also make sure that the folder for the game has been deleted. The folder for RIFT BETA is usually located at the following path by default:

    Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\RIFT BETA

    Windows Vista/7:
    C:\Users\<your directory name>\RIFT\RIFT BETA

    If the game was installed in a different directory, you will need to find the location of the directory in which it was installed. Removing the RIFT BETA folder should ensure that all files associated with RIFT have been removed from your system.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

  3. #3
    Ascendant ThatTomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    Found it;

    http://trionworlds.custhelp.com/app/...detail/a_id/51

    How to Uninstall RIFT
    Published 09/27/2010 09:44 AM | Updated 02/17/2011 08:49 AM
    How do I uninstall RIFT?
    RIFT can be uninstalled the same way that most other applications are uninstalled through any version of Windows. You can uninstall the game by entering Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs (Windows Vista and 7) in the Control Panel. In the list of available programs to uninstall, look for the entry titled RIFT BETA Patcher and choose Uninstall.

    Once it has finished uninstalling, you should also make sure that the folder for the game has been deleted. The folder for RIFT BETA is usually located at the following path by default:

    Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\RIFT BETA

    Windows Vista/7:
    C:\Users\<your directory name>\RIFT\RIFT BETA

    If the game was installed in a different directory, you will need to find the location of the directory in which it was installed. Removing the RIFT BETA folder should ensure that all files associated with RIFT have been removed from your system.
    Windows xp location should read:

    Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\RIFT BETA

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Guldur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    Windows xp location should read:

    Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\RIFT BETA
    For selective user installation, yes.

    For Universal beta installations the directory will be in Program Files.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Make sure you delete the folder. After my uninstall the folder still had over 7 gigs in it. I'm not sure what was uninstalled.

  6. #6
    Ascendant ThatTomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guldur View Post
    For selective user installation, yes.

    For Universal beta installations the directory will be in Program Files.
    No, where i quoted is where some settings are and the above linked bit is part of the beta removal.

    My actual install of the beta was in c:\program files\rift beta\blah blah

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts