+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Error #1007 after installing new client

Default Error #1007 after installing new client

After downloading 8.32gb and updating the new client it gave me this error #1007. After hitting update again it gave me another error that I'm not authorized. Then it started updating a different sized patch, 949.9mb.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 | MB: ASUS M4A78T-E | RAM: G.SKILL 6GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 | GPU: Sapphire ATI 4670 |SSD: Corsair Nova 32GB SATA II | HDD: Western Digital Caviar 500GB 7200 RPM SATA II | OS: Win7 x64 | CASE/PSU: Cooler Master Storm Sniper/Corsair 650W

I am getting the same error

After completing the second patch I was able to login and see the title screen. I'm not sure why I even got this error.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 | MB: ASUS M4A78T-E | RAM: G.SKILL 6GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 | GPU: Sapphire ATI 4670 |SSD: Corsair Nova 32GB SATA II | HDD: Western Digital Caviar 500GB 7200 RPM SATA II | OS: Win7 x64 | CASE/PSU: Cooler Master Storm Sniper/Corsair 650W

I've gotten it multiple times. Last time the patcher stopped working and windows did the whole "this program is not responding" thing

Soulwalker

Same, this is my second try with a fresh reinstall.

Anyone can help?

Same. Downloaded 8+gbs then I got the 1007 error.
    Then it said I'm not authorized to play this game.
    Then it started downloading another 3.17gb.
    Then it gave me another error and said connection timed out (my internet connnection is fine).
    Then I clicked Play and it started downloading the 3.17gb again.
    Now I've gotten the "Could not connect to update server. Please check your network settings. (Error #1009)" 5 times in a row.
    It's starts downloading at 2-3mb/s then after a few moments the speed stedily declines to 0 and the error window pops up.

This is just about my only gripe with Rift so far, patcher seems buggy.
    Quite annoying.
    Last edited by despite; 02-23-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Soulwalker

riftpatch.0.log attached

Seems that the bad files are

[Wed Feb 23 03:30:15 2011] Bad Data in file 'assets\character\character.pak'
    [Wed Feb 23 03:30:15 2011] Bad Data in file 'assets\texture\texture_character_1.pak'
    [Wed Feb 23 03:30:15 2011] Bad Data in file 'assets\texture\texture_map_0.pak'

[Wed Feb 23 03:30:15 2011] Local version does not match local manifest.
    [Wed Feb 23 03:30:15 2011] New version doesn't match expected result. (Error #1007) (#1007, last message: Bad Data in file 'assets\character\character.pak')

most_recent_log.txt

Anyone know where I can get replacements?

Welcome to my nightmare. I have a support ticket open. I cant even run the patcher via steam because i get the stupid i dont have permissions.

I do not know why their client has to be so difficult.

sigh.
    --
    "the basic law of BOFH: Bastard Operators don't just win. Anyone can win. Bastard Operators win & totally DEMORALISE. That's *real* winning."

same, #1007 error while updating, after downloading the 8gb. Then when i tried again it crashed.. and now trying the third time i didn't get any update prompt but after i hit "Play" i got a 3mb patch that it downloaded and gave me a #1007 error for. "New version doesn't match expected result. (Error #1007)"

So on the 4th time i start the client the 3.91mb patch is downloaded instant. And finally hitting Play for the 5th time the game actually started, but getting "Corrupt patch data warning" now And finally "You are not authorized to play this game" and the game is shut down.

I'm on version 28-6b (main@377585) but i'm guessing i'll have to uninstall and run the updates again because i got corrupt patch data?
    Dreddsan <Saints>

After many errors and timeouts and downloading 8.32GB, 3+GB and 1.63GB it finally says Patch successful.
    So i click Play and it tells me I have corrupted files and need to run the recovery.

Really? Really?!

This is not a good start. Trion will get flamed for having this kind of thing happen at launch.

More errors.. sigh. 3rd times the charm?...

[Wed Feb 23 05:12:58 2011] Local version does not match local manifest.
    [Wed Feb 23 05:12:58 2011] New version doesn't match expected result. (Error #1007) (#1007, last message: Bad Data in file 'assets\audio\audio_6.pak')

previous attempt was a corrupted Arial16.NFF file.

Soulwalker

I got the #1007 error, tried again and gave me some other message, now I can click the Play button and it launches the game, but then it says im not autorized to play the game.. Cmon?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    I got the #1007 error, tried again and gave me some other message, now I can click the Play button and it launches the game, but then it says im not autorized to play the game.. Cmon?
    not authorised... correct, not until tomorrow when head start begins.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by despite View Post
    After many errors and timeouts and downloading 8.32GB, 3+GB and 1.63GB it finally says Patch successful.
    So i click Play and it tells me I have corrupted files and need to run the recovery.

Really? Really?!

This is not a good start. Trion will get flamed for having this kind of thing happen at launch.
    Wierd scenario, I have completed the download (8.32Gb) but i get "Patch was successful", I didn't need to download the addition 3Gb and the 1.68Gb you are quoting...

I click Play and it takes me to the loading screen after showing the RIFT logo and loads to about 91% then says "You're not authorised to play this game", which is true, not until tomorrow..

But i'm wondering why people are needing to download further 3+Gb patches?

ARGH me too, I was JUST at the end of downloading everything over again even though I pre-ordered on Steam, and I get the #1007 error, now downloading another 1.6gb... I'm getting just a tad narky D:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast