+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Only getting a Mini Download for the Head Start Cllient

Default Only getting a Mini Download for the Head Start Cllient

I used the link off the main web page under the headstart section to download the Live Client. That link gave me "Rift_LIVE_Patcher_setup.exe" which i run and then it went straight to the installer. at no point was there a 8 gig download like everyone else. Also i'm not sure why but when i had the same issue with the Beta download. my folder that contained the Beta Client was less than 50 mb. i only played beta for a week and never bothered fixing it since i was at the tail end of beta. But i did have massive lag and just assumed that i had download a mini version of it that loaded most of the content during play like how D&D Online is. it offers a similar game install option. but now i would like to fully install the game. any suggestions or am i missing something? is there more that i'm supposed to do to activate the download or should the Live Patch Installer just supposed to automatically start it during the process before i can get to the log in screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Server Error View Post
    I used the link off the main web page under the headstart section to download the Live Client. That link gave me "Rift_LIVE_Patcher_setup.exe" which i run and then it went straight to the installer. at no point was there a 8 gig download like everyone else. Also i'm not sure why but when i had the same issue with the Beta download. my folder that contained the Beta Client was less than 50 mb. i only played beta for a week and never bothered fixing it since i was at the tail end of beta. But i did have massive lag and just assumed that i had download a mini version of it that loaded most of the content during play like how D&D Online is. it offers a similar game install option. but now i would like to fully install the game. any suggestions or am i missing something? is there more that i'm supposed to do to activate the download or should the Live Patch Installer just supposed to automatically start it during the process before i can get to the log in screen?
    Make sure you run the game as administrator, and have firewall permission, also i would move the game folder to secondery partition

Asus SABERTOOTH X58, Intel® Core™ i7 950 3.06GHz, Syncmaster 2333 23", Kingston HyperX 12GB DDR3 1333MHz NVidia GeForce GTX 570, Western Digital 1TB SATA3, Thermaltake Armor Plus, Enermax PRO82 625W, Windows 7 Ulti x64

Thank you for the help :-) but i figured it out. i had something running in the background in invisible mode that was causing problems.

+ Reply to Thread