+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bad experience and high expectations

Telaran

Default Bad experience and high expectations

I installed the patcher and started the download, at 5.5G I got an (Error #1034). I clicked [OK] then Update from the patcher. It checked the local files then stated a full download is needed, I selected [OK]. The patcher than checks the local files once again and starts to download from what appears to be the point I left off.

I got to 7.5G to have the patcher through (Error #1003). I started again and it checked files 2X then started were I left off. Once gain (Error #1003) at 8G. Ran through the above process again and now it is patched.

Not a good experience at all, thought I would let you know.

P.S.
    I have me firewall configured and my internet connections great.
    Last edited by UserX; 02-22-2011 at 11:17 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by UserX View Post
    I installed the patcher and started the download, at 5.5G I got an (Error #1034). I clicked [OK] then Update from the patcher. It checked the local files then stated a full download is needed, I selected [OK]. The patcher than checks the local files once again and starts to download from what appears to be the point I left off.

I got to 7.5G to have the patcher through (Error #1003). I started again and it checked files 2X then started were I left off. Once gain (Error #1003) at 8G. Ran through the above process again and now it is patched.

Not a good experience at all, thought I would let you know.

P.S.
    I have me firewall configured and my internet connections great.
    also to let you know there are thousands of ppl clogging the servers for the very same download you are downloading. network issues could be expected. just thought i would let you know.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Telaran

Thumbs up

I understand but it is still frustrating no matter how it is sliced.
    Last edited by UserX; 02-22-2011 at 11:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread